MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

Server laggy as all get-out. Place a block, it might appear, but most of the time you'll have to place it like 5 times in the same area to get it to appear.

J.D said:
Server laggy as all get-out. Place a block, it might appear, but most of the time you'll have to place it like 5 times in the same area to get it to appear.
this, except backwards.

J.D said:

Server was off yesterday, so I'm not sure how you got on in the first place. :neutral2:

Phantom server?
xf6s1z.gif

As stated in a different thread, I feel that even with the recent update making a full survival server feasible, this server should be left in the creative mode it started in. My reasons are that most of the server (aka anywhere other than modshire) was build without defenses and similarly, the infrastructure of our creations are designed with immortality in mind. My other reason is that I can't work on my underground chess board anymore because it's infested with zombies. Zombies that I don't want to have to fight off every night to keep working.

I have also found that fall damage pretty much makes the map as we've made it unplayable and hurts exploration.

DISCUSS.

This server was always meant to be a Survival server from the beginning, and it was always said that once health was implemented, so would monsters (at the time, we thought that meant the Halloween update). As far as creations being destroyed goes, it shouldn't be an issue because I made sure to install a mod that makes it so a Creeper's explosion doesn't destroy blocks. So unless the overall public opinion has changed and everyone is overwhelmingly against having health, it will most likely remain a survival server, as originally intended. It would have just been a MC Classic server if it was going to always be solely for Creative.

On a related note, I still seem to be immortal to everything after the update. I believe its because I am an Op, but ironically, I'm one of the people that would rather have damage working. :/

EDIT: Just was on the server with DK, apparently, new update causes people to lose items and not be able to pick up some items. I also experienced random going through blocks, and worst of all, apparently players can no longer see each other... I've had it with Notch's multiplayer updates, they cause more issues than they fix.

If one of you has peaceful, you won't be able to see anyone else.

I already noticed that creepers don't do anything, and didn't say anything on that note in my post.

The fact that it's an option now is why I brought it up for discussion, I was merely voicing my opinion and ask that others do as well. At least with the current implementation of it, I feel that survival is not going to work out well for the server, however if the majority of the server feels otherwise, I will accept that and adjust my play style to fit.

Zero said:
new update causes people to lose items and not be able to pick up some items.

^ This. I got on and lost about half of my items, and for some reason one of my houses is on fire

ttsgeb said:

I had mine set to hard and could see monsters fine, just not other players. Are you saying that if just one person on the server has it on peaceful, no one can see each other? :confused:

Regardless, the game is essentially unplayable without the ability to pick up items, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

Zero said:
ttsgeb said:

I had mine set to hard and could see monsters fine, just not other players. Are you saying that if just one person on the server has it on peaceful, no one can see each other? :confused:

Regardless, the game is essentially unplayable without the ability to pick up items, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

I was just giving you something to check. AFAIK, the server hasn't been populated enough for us to really do much testing today.

It's obvious that things aren't working out the way that everything's going. Since multiplayer updates are always ridden with bugs, and monsters/health make it kinda tough to navigate or build large creations on our map, then maybe it would be better as a creative server. Just my two cents.

Or, we just wait till Minecraft reaches beta stage. It would hopefully have most bugs taken care of by then.

zeturi said:
It's obvious that things aren't working out the way that everything's going. Since multiplayer updates are always ridden with bugs, and monsters/health make it kinda tough to navigate or build large creations on our map, then maybe it would be better as a creative server. Just my two cents.

Or, we just wait till Minecraft reaches beta stage. It would hopefully have most bugs taken care of by then.

Even if monsters are disabled, the bugs would still be there, and the game is pretty much unplayable with them.

I've put quite a few hours on it today, and I've found that it actually is still playable, but we have a nasty bug from lag that lets you place a block where you are.

Its not from lag, I had that happening to me too, and it only happened right after the new update, never before. But at least you were able to manage and play the game, I still can't pick up any blocks. I have to spawn blocks into my inventory if I run out. :/

Zero said:
Its not from lag, I had that happening to me too, and it only happened right after the new update, never before. But at least you were able to manage and play the game, I still can't pick up any blocks. I have to spawn blocks into my inventory if I run out. :/

That's pretty odd. I seem to have no problem picking up blocks, sometimes I even place or get the same block two or three times :neutral2: ... ... Kinda annoying when you're trying to count. I had the problem where I couldn't see Antome, who is on the server now btw, but we had been able to see each other for a while before then. Also, when I die, my stuff doesn't show up, but if I walk around where I died, stuff will start popping up into my inventory.

EDIT: Don't know if you've seen this, but non-forced server update to deal with a few bugs apparently
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1681247283 ... qus_thread

Thanks, I'll update to that next time I restart the server (most likely when I get the chance tomorrow). It seems like a minor update, so it shouldn't affect our mods either.

Also:
Notch said:
Speaking of which, I will make the client updater ask the player before applying new updates. Automatic forced updates are scary, and they were only in because they were convenient and I never thought about it.

YESSSSS FINALLY! Glad he realized forced updates aren't the best thing for something like this.

Joined the server, and yes, it appears to be ripe with small bugs. But still fairly playable.

I would rather have a build server than a survival server. We've already built a lot of stuff and I like building. That being said, I'm not totally against survival- but I'm worried it will make building extremely difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back