MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

I spawned into the void, instantly died and lost all my items, clicked respawn and was sent back into the void, and then got a Connection Reset error. :/

Zero said:
I spawned into the void, instantly died and lost all my items, clicked respawn and was sent back into the void, and then got a Connection Reset error. :/

Logs confirm this. I think something is wrong with the respawn location/button. This has happened to me before too.

I also see a lot of end of stream disconnects... Not good. Can a few people start pinging me to see what it shows?

windows + r
cmd
"ping mrminecraft.no-ip.org -t"

ttsgeb said:
Logs confirm this. I think something is wrong with the respawn location/button. This has happened to me before too.

I also see a lot of end of stream disconnects... Not good. Can a few people start pinging me to see what it shows?

windows + r
cmd
"ping mrminecraft.no-ip.org -t"

Request Timeout

I'm going to go yell at our home network now for being stupid.

also try "ping mrminecraft.no-ip.org:25565 -t"

Windows is showing the ping to be fine for me. (60s to 80s)
Just tried playing, going perfectly with no lag whatsoever.

If you wouldn't mind answering, I have a few questions.

These can apply to anyone, and will allow me to get a better grasp of the situation

About how far away from Memphis, TN do you live?
Who is your ISP?
How would you describe your internet connection in general?
How would you describe your most recent experiences with the server at mrminecraft.no-ip.org?

Besides some minor lag spikes everything seems to be fine now. There are a ton of critical missing chunks though in the map - perhaps there's an earlier backup?

Where? The one I sent ttsgeb is the same map I sent Thursty for him to mess around with in single player. If he hasn't encountered anything, it could just be recent corruption.

Zero said:
Where? The one I sent ttsgeb is the same map I sent Thursty for him to mess around with in single player. If he hasn't encountered anything, it could just be recent corruption.
Send me the map too? :D

Mako321 said:
Send me the map too? :D

No point now that the server is back. :p

Also, I tried logging in again, and just like JD said, everything seems to be working now, except for a few random lag spikes. I did notice the missing chunks as well, so we might have to restore to the last backup I made (same one I sent over) to get that fixed. If we do, we might as well take advantage and edit the map to remove those huge undeveloped areas of land to see if it helps out any. And that way if there's anything ttsgeb has added since the server has been down, it can be copied over as well so we don't lose it.

... idk if a 3 km long minecart track to eden will be very easy to copy over... ... but I imagine I could rebuild it easily with mcedit...

also, offbeat, have a gander at my minecart boosters in the building next to spawn in eden, they might be helpful for your distribution center.

I saw you two talking about corruption in the logs, how much of that was actually corruption, and how much was lag/rendering?

--bigbrotherttsgeb

The corruption I mentioned was actual corruption (huge pit near Thursty's modshire house), and there's also some corruption right outside one of the exits to the town. What Offbeat was talking about was just the common glitch that happens on most servers when blocks fail to load for one player because of lag, but they are still there and visible to other people (can be fixed by pressing F or reconnecting).

Holy crap... that is, without a doubt a big ass hole in Thursty's house... and now I see DAT TORCH.

gonna take the server down for a bit to work on it. It will be back up within half an hour, fixed or not, though.

mcedit tells me it's fixed, so I'm doing a manual backup and the server should be back up soon with the corruption near Thursty's reverted

Successful repairs have been verified. For any new corruption anyone finds, please report it to me so I can fix'd it.

AS SOME OF YOU HAVE NOTICED:
a certain plugin ceased to work... we have changed over to this one.
Their built in converter also has failed to work, so... I would recommend taking action asap on this note.
This plugin was chosen because it is already ported to Bukkit, which due to recent events, we will be moving over to upon it's stable release.
You should also note that things can be changed once put down and this must be applied to each of the object in question, unlike the previous version.
Any problems generated from this will result in severe disciplinary action (your houses completely filled and encased with obsidian, covered in lava, and a week long ban), so don't be dumb.

872661-pools_open_large.jpg

The server is running perfectly fine and we have made many cool additions and changes to the server. Check it out!

I've been playing Minecraft a lot, building a bunker with an IRL friend. If I have time I'll check out the MR server.

XCVG said:
I've been playing Minecraft a lot, building a bunker with an IRL friend. If I have time I'll check out the MR server.

Just a head's up; Hillside is gone and I'm building over it.

Also, its recommend everyone uses /spawn when they get online so they can check out the sexy new spawn.

Zero said:
XCVG said:

Just a head's up; Hillside is gone and I'm building over it.

Also, its recommend everyone uses /spawn when they get online so they can check out the sexy new spawn.

"gone" yeah, let's call it that.

I thought "burned and then blown to smithereens" might have sounded a bit too harsh. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back