ModRetro Legend
Administrator
Current Server Status

Server Address: mrminecraft.no-ip.org
hb.pyc

Currently Ran by: Thursty

--------------------
ORIGINAL POST

Well, I have a pretty good spare PC built from my old rig's parts, and I was thinking about making it into a Minecraft server. All I need is to buy a power supply for it and I can get it up and running, but I just wanted to know how many people would actually be interested in this and use it before I set up anything. So, would anyone actually be interested in this?

Re: MR Minecraft Server

Thursty has one set up. I dunno how many people it can support though.

Alright awesome, I'll try and buy the power supply and set everything up today then. Its a pretty good PC and I have a great internet connection, so it should be able to support everyone well enough.

Also, someone needs to build a huge Palmer-face monument near the spawn.

We can probably get a games.modretro.com address for it.

Actually, I've already started a small plan for ModRetro and Minecraft.

I haven't really talked about it yet, but here's a basic rundown.
mc.modretro.com
It will have a listing of servers, and ModRetro users can submit their own servers to the list.
Popular servers (ones that get Voted Up enough) will get their own subdomain for easy access. (Thursty.mc.modretro.com)

That's a pretty simplified explanation, but pretty well covers it.

That's pretty awesome Jlee, and it should work especially well with minecraft because each server can contain a completely different world. :awesome:

Also, I just came back from CompUSA where I bought a power supply and a new case for the PC. Expect the server to be up either later today or early tomorrow.

zeturi said:
OFF TOPIC Dang YOU

It wasn't off topic. If you are going to host a server, you have to have a fairly decent upload/download speed.
He just wanted to know what it was.

I think to host Minecraft on a webserver you have to have console access to it, which usually means a VPS or rented dedicated server. According to Domain Tools, there are more than 160 other sites hosted on this server, so I'm doubtful this is the case. (VPS and dedicated cost big bucks anyway.)

bic said:
I think to host Minecraft on a webserver you have to have console access to it, which usually means a VPS or rented dedicated server. According to Domain Tools, there are more than 160 other sites hosted on this server, so I'm doubtful this is the case. (VPS and dedicated cost big bucks anyway.)

That's right, this is shared hosting we're on, we couldn't possibly host anything beyond what we already have, much less a game server.

If ModRetro were to get it's own dedicated server, it would be privately owned and hosted by either Myself, or PalmerTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back