MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

If you want a basic VPS without DDoS protection, it costs about $30. If you want to buy a dedicated server with protection and firewall etc, you can buy Staminus which costs over $100, but is well worth it.

UFKUH.png

Here you go, Ampy.

desmin88 said:
http://www.speedtest.net

Whats your upload speed?

viewtopic.php?p=71489#p71489

Speed isn't a problem. Trust me, I know what the requirements are to run a server, and this should be more than enough for our purposes. If for whatever reason it isn't enough, I have a plan B to fall back on.

Also, I just finished building the actual server and putting it into its new case, now I just need to install the OS.

Kay, I'll buy Minecraft over the weekend.

Ok Zero, but it depends how many people are on at a time. 10 mbps may be fast, but it all depends on how many people are on the server

desmin88 said:
Ok Zero, but it depends how many people are on at a time. 10 mbps may be fast, but it all depends on how many people are on the server

Yes, and that's why Minecraft servers have a maximum number of people that can be connected at a time. Trust me, it should be more than enough.

Anyway, the server is now actually ready to go. I even installed some neat mods to make the multiplayer experience better. Tomorrow I want to do some testing with a few people for a couple of hours to make sure everything is running smoothly and then it'll be launched for everyone.

Need people to help me test the server as soon as possible. Just go into the chat and I'll provide the server details.

Didn't post it here, but the server has been up for a few days now. We're trying to build the first town currently before the server is "officially" launched so any help would be appreciated.

Server Address is: mrminecraft.no-ip.org

If there are any problems with the server, let me know so I can fix them early on.

I want Minecraft badly, but I'm worried that I'll never play it. Maybe if I have some money left over after I go to Victoria.

XCVG said:
I want Minecraft badly, but I'm worried that I'll never play it. Maybe if I have some money left over after I go to Victoria.
It's the most addicting flax ever bro.

I've got 20 bucks, I'll invest 10 of it in cooling for your server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back