ModRetro store request.

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
We are building a ModRetro store.

What items would you like to see in it? Link to items anywhere, and post a pic so it is easy to see what you mean.

Also, if you can find it on Amazon.com, please post the link.

Solder, Triwings, stuff like that is a given. But what other things would you like?

A place where you can post a design of a case you want and people that have a cnc machine or are good at vacuum forming can claim the sale, contact the buyer and work out a case commission.

bentomo said:
A place where you can post a design of a case you want and people that have a cnc machine or are good at vacuum forming can claim the sale, contact the buyer and work out a case commission.
Definitely. Also, Modretro branded mouse pads, shirts, hats and possibly console build guides. (If we can get some good how-tos. Let's put Ben to shame! :twisted: )

Okay, time for my list. Asterisks indicate priority items.

*PS1 screens, like a bulk buy of Zenith screens
*other screens, maybe Pustom screens
-controllers
-broken consoles
*LEDs (bulk buy them buy the thousand, apparently they are way cheap that way)
*cartridge slots (especially NES replacement normal connectors)
-replacement lasers
*4021 ICs
-AD725 RGB encoder
-switches, wires, other odds and ends
*batteries
-SD-GOAC, NOACs, and Retro Duos
-cases

Also, we should have a TGIMBOEJ. The book is a good idea, but it would be better if we simply worked on the wiki. I stopped working on it after I won the wiki showdown and it turned out to mean nothing.

I was thinking LED modding kits for PSone screens - 4 15,000mcd LEDs, 4 33ohm resistors, some wire, and a printout on how to wire it.

other useful tools such as sodering irons, hot glue guns, dremels etc. this also includes different soders and hot glues. maybe pc board, or something, or maybe screws....?

Perfboard and copper clad, etching materials. Parts. Resistors. Fans. LEDs. Screen.s Bulk lots of anything useful. Etc.

The best thing would be to do bulk buys off eBay or whatever for common parts. Apparently LEDs are only a few cents if bought by the thousand.

Pandora joysticks. T shirts, in lots of colors. I think maybe it's time to revamp the logo a little. :/ Might be worth our money to buy a nice font.

Modretro T-shirts would be cool!

mordertrotshiref.png

And about the shop, is Modretro supose to earn money on this or just to make it easier for
people to get stuff? :neutral2:

I think Palmer already said that we were going to get Modretro T-Shirts, with the ability to put your avatar on your T-Shirt. I don't know if that will be available at the store's launch though.

And this is fo' profit.

Frontlit GBCs and backlit GB / GB Pockets should be there, in and out. We can add stock as I make 'em :D

Back