ModRetro store request.

I think that we should sell noob kits. It would be all the supplies you would need for a portable (case, screen, battery, system of choice, resistors, switches, ect.). The case would have precut holes, and we could make up detailed instructions on how to build the portable. If anything, it would attract more people intothe modding scene because it would make modding seem way easier. However, since something like that would take a lot of work to make a kit of, we should do other kits, such as casemod kits, where we vacform a special case for a system and the buyer just recases his console.

Of course, that would be all aiming for the softcore modders/noobs.

the only other things I can think of are boards with pre-relocated cartslots or audio amplifiers.

if it was allowed, I could do some kind of wii hacking service(for those who are too scared or ignorant to do it themselves :dah: )

ubernoober1477 wrote:
what you should have is a cable that would fit into a n64 board where the cartridge is and extend the wires that lead to a cartridge connector.
the same could be applied to the expansion port. imagine how simple relocations could be! they could be cut to size by the user just like ide cables are able to.

I think they already make those, but I still second the idea.

well yeah, they already have them, i just dont know what theyre called lol.

stock them anyways!

ubernoober1477 said:
ubernoober1477 wrote:
what you should have is a cable that would fit into a n64 board where the cartridge is and extend the wires that lead to a cartridge connector.
the same could be applied to the expansion port. imagine how simple relocations could be! they could be cut to size by the user just like ide cables are able to.

I think they already make those, but I still second the idea.

well yeah, they already have them, i just dont know what theyre called lol.

stock them anyways!

Wait. They make those? Where do you get them/what are they called?

pkmnjunky7 said:
Wait. They make those? Where do you get them/what are they called?

50 Pin SCSI Cables I believe. What you do is just get one that has pins on both sides and forms a right angle that you can reattach the slot on to the other end and have the cart slot be near the top of the unit.

I remember seeing someone use these before, not sure who. It was well over 2-3 years ago.

Harshboy said:
50 Pin SCSI Cables I believe. What you do is just get one that has pins on both sides and forms a right angle that you can reattach the slot on to the other end and have the cart slot be near the top of the unit.

I remember seeing someone use these before, not sure who. It was well over 2-3 years ago.

the problem is that you have to leave the expansion port on the bottom :(

Yeah, plus it is Heck trying to find those headers ready to use these days, you usually need a male to female adapter. Takes up a lot of extra space too.

Alright guys, I've decided to start my own online electronics parts, accessories, and end-user electronics store, and Palmer
has agreed to a partnership between the two. So, in a way, the ModRetro Store shall see the light of day after all!

I've been looking over this thread to see what the most commonly requested items to sell are, and I think, for the most part,
I'll be able to provide the majority of them. I would like any additional input, however.

About the store:
It IS a for-profit organization, as it will basically be my second job, with four total employees: myself, my wife, and my two oldest children. Does this mean we're going to be able to carry a crap-ton of inventory at any one time? At the moment, no, but I do want
to eventually build up my inventory on the basics. For everything else I'll be using wholesalers or dropshipppers.

As the store is to be affiliated with ModRetro, some branding and signage will be similar, but robmrepair will be the primary storefront,
and what customers will see on their bill. I already have a business account with Paypal set up, which will allow users to pay either
with Paypal or credit cards.

The affiliation with ModRetro will include discounts for members, a possible small credit line by my approval only (and only
available to ModRetro members,) and logo shirts and hats.

All of this is going to take some time, but within the next 24-48 hours, I will have some bare-bones parts available for
purchase. So... discuss?

I think it sounds glorious. You should carry modretro branded ammo to feed my addiction. Its awesome, because I recall way way back in the day when Jelly set up the hidden stuff and all for trying to figure out the new thing, and now, its finally coming to fruition.

I'd be down for some t-shirts. Also a short sleeve button down shirt (with pocket) with the logo on it, preferably sewn in, would be nice, though I feel I'd be the only person to wear one so I wouldn't suggest it.

grossaffe said:
I think you need to advertise your store the way only you can do it. :awesomerobm:

I'd be so tempted. But alas, I can feel a cease-and-desist letter coming on already. LOL

robm said:
grossaffe said:
I think you need to advertise your store the way only you can do it. :awesomerobm:

I'd be so tempted. But alas, I can feel a cease-and-desist letter coming on already. LOL
from whom?

Also, you could always say "HI, BILLY MAYS IMPERSONATOR HERE!"

logo'd hard and/or soft carrying cases for portables. just a little screen printing needed on some store bought crap.
heck, just offer to put a logo on anything anyone wants and your good to go.
each year change the design slightly so the older ones have some sort of collectors value type thing.
"sorry we no longer offer the M in the center of the blue nut logo in a that shade of *what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* blue* "

Whatever happened to the official MR store, along with the other June 1st updates?

The official store is still happening. At the moment we're waiting for the LLC papers to be processed so it can be all professional like. Robm's store is his own separate thing that is affiliated with MR.

By the way, welcome back.

How does an N64 portabilizing "kit" sound, comes with a tri-wing screwdriver, TI regulator, capacitor, and resistor, for $20 shipped anywhere in the US?

Back