ModRetro store request.

robm said:
How does an N64 portabilizing "kit" sound, comes with a tri-wing screwdriver, TI regulator, capacitor, and resistor, for $20 shipped anywhere in the US?
I don't remember ever seeing a tri-wing on any N64 stuff...

vskid3 said:
robm said:
How does an N64 portabilizing "kit" sound, comes with a tri-wing screwdriver, TI regulator, capacitor, and resistor, for $20 shipped anywhere in the US?
I don't remember ever seeing a tri-wing on any N64 stuff...

Crap, meant gamebit.

Sounds good to me. Might actually buy it!
You might want to include wire and a paper that says "Go to modretro.com/64kit for help to build!" (Palmer, add redirect!)

I don't think it will make a difference if you don't include one, and if you do, it may be a headache 20 years down the road...

Maybe a 5 year warranty in fine print somewhere just to keep the reputation up if the tools start failing.

You aren't manufacturing your own gamebits, and gamebits suck. They are China-made crap. You will kill yourself with a warrantee.

You could totally buy big N64 and other console lots and make money off of them parted out. An untested lot of 20 usually has like 13 working consoles. You can find those kind of deals on eBay for around $50. Sell them tested or untested, and you'll get the money back fast.

cheap tools should last for the 1 mod they was intended to work on,
each time they do something new, they get a new kit with a new bit anyways,
or buy a few of the tools as needed. it's not like there $10+ a piece for the bits.

make deferent things like
a over clocking kit (for deferent systems), with tri wing or game bit, printed instructions, and parts needed.
pre made vacuum formed cases,
make a few costom heat sinks from time to time, not all things need to be mass produced.
just something like a cut down GC heat sink with the in-lade fan. will not need more then a few of them around, but would turn a good profit.

I definitly would like to see thermal paste, thermal glue, fans and heatsinks. Mostly fans I guess.
Also, if there were tact switches screens it'd be perfect, but in all that I don't see how you would even make profit, would you buy from the sources?
Same goes for TI regs, would love to see them around here, but I don't know if any of this is likely to happen, I'm just throwing this out there..

Also, I home you plan on shipping worldwide? Don't you?

The N64 kit should also include heat sinks. The type that's for vga ram with sticky thermal paste

Back