Blurt64 on its way. Sorta

Blurt

so heres what ive bought so far:

zenith screen::3:0$
case:10$
n64::3:0$ (i fried it........................)
3.3v line:2$
soldering stuff:20$
ABS: 5$ (kind at home depot. its clear)

and yes i am copying the Darth 64....

For you to know: i have posted this on BH so don't ask if this is me cause it is.

Re: n64p worklog. not named yet, ill take ideas

Clone64? Because it's a ripoff of the Darth 64 and I think there's clones in Star Wars.

im copying it because when i started this is what inspired me. now i know so much more and probably wouldnt have used this case but o well.

Yeah, I'd recommend starting with a bigger case so you won't have to trim down the motherboard too much

the lazer doodle is a HUGE case though :p it's just slightly bigger than a dvd case.(and I don't think hailrazer needed to trim it)

Oh, it seemed smaller, but I've only really looked at it once.

it is pretty massive.
i cant work on it untill after Christmas break.... im so depressed

lol

Read up on everything that you need to know before then; remember the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared!

<.< But seriously, it'll help a lot. I just read everything on these forums for about a month and am going through my N64p without any problems (except for one which was, admittedly, my fault....fried 7808, eheheh)

alright i need help once again. whats the best wire i can use for relocating my cartridge slot that i can by cheap and possibly at radio shack?

30 awg kynar wire. I prefer solid core, but most people go with stranded.

Nomad64. Becuase thats what i thought "named" was. Or Vagabound64. Both "travel" just as a portable should.

Blurt said:
alright i need help once again. whats the best wire i can use for relocating my cartridge slot that i can by cheap and possibly at radio shack?

Kynar wire is nice but excessively thin, and kinda expensive. I'd say 22 or 24 gauge stranded stuff for slot relocation. It's called hook-up wire I think. Floppy drive or the OLDER hard drive ribbon cables work nicely too.

apprentice64. Because you might want it to be as close as possible to a darth64, but it will never be a real darth64.

alright i just soldered 25 of the 50 pins to relocate the cartridge slot. ill be done by the end of the day.

still no batteries...

Okay, well your first problem may be that there are only 48 pins to solder on the cart slot...24 on each side. You do 13, and then 11 (controller ports facing you on the motherboard) - you solder to the outer row and skip the one where there isn't a pin in the inner row. It should match up fine if you've got it lined up the right way.

:eek: do you have a picture?

i think my board is just broken though

I can get you a picture, but it will be later tonight - also, don't be deceived - the red LED can come on even if your motherboard doesn't work :k

well i kinda broke the led so now i have no way of testing....

plus now the cart slot is covered in solder and some pins are bent.....

this doesnt look good

Back