bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 12/05/09 *56K*

Re: bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 pics video pg 8

Ewww dirt. Couldn't you have used sand or scrap pieces of metal?

I WANT PICTURES!

Lead weights from car tires work well, too. Get a whole bunch of them for free from your local car mechanic! :awesome:

Plus, I think they wanted pics of the dirt inside the box. Nice job on that, by the way, it looks awesome! :D

Mk looks like battery space changed some stuff up a bit because I can't tell which protection circuit and charger I need for these. The protection circuits go from 6.4 volts straight to 9.6, I'm confused. And same for the chargers, 6.4 to 9.6, no 7.4. :dah:

EDIT:

Wait found the protection circuit. http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbprot...r2cells60vlifepo4batterypackat10alimited.aspx

And I think I found the charger http://www.batteryspace.com/smartfastcharger12aforany64v2cells76vcut-offlifepo4batterypack.aspx

But it says the cut off is 7.6, but my old batteries were fully charged at 8.4, still confused.

So will this circuit and charger work for my batteries?

Thanks hailrazer, those are actually the ones I was looking for but couldn't find. thanks

Alright, I have the battery ordered and the case has all the buttons installed on it. I can't find the power supply for my n64 mobo so I can't really test it. So I have to wait for the batteries. Time for the waiting game.

Can we get a picture with the buttons and screen in so we can pretend it's done? :D

100th post.

Just trollin'.
:rofl:

Love the case, but I dislike the 3rd party buttons. :cry4:

The buttons have the letters A and B on them, unlike some.

And the c-buttons on the official controller have different heights due to the curve of the controller.

ARGH!

I got the batteries, circuit, and charger today and I wired up the batteries but I'm not getting any voltage. I measured the cells and they're giving my 3.8 volts. But when I wire it and test the circuit I don't get 8.6 volts. I've rewired them 5 times according to the circuit diagram, but I get nothing. Hopefully I didn't get a DOA circuit.

Let me rephrase that post. Do you guys have any idea why it's not working?

A picture of your wiring would help.

Back