bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 12/05/09 *56K*

Re: bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP

snowpenguin did it too actually

Why don't we have one of these smilies? >_>

bacteria said:
Changed my avatar today; found some nice pics, including new one in my sig.
2m5dtoh.jpg
I like my new avatar, a lot. Updated my avatar to it on the other forums I am on too.

You're avatar is the Batman suit with rubber nipples...

Yes, I used a DB-15 as well, was hoping to use something smaller, but the Dang radioshack had nothing else. Mine is only controllers though. In hindsight...

I won't be doing any work on this for a while possibly, there a lot of stuff up in the air like moving to a new house and things like that, so I won't be able to work on it.

I've finally gotten some more work done on the case and I'd say it's finished pics will be up soon. Now what needs to be done is the wiring.

Re: bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 pics video pg 8

I love the effect you achieved with all the sparkly bits and the original button sliders!

I'd really like to see it finished.

I really like the way you did your case, I think I want to give it a go. You used a dremel to cut it right?

Yeah it was a dremel with poly styrene plastic.

EDIT: :facepalm: polycarbonate

That case looks really awesome. When I get paid, I'll getting a dremel and some polystyrene to practice on.

I need a little help with the project box. Can I just put the 4 vcc's for the controller in parallel in one line and power all 4 controllers plugged in? Like this:

Untitled-6.png

Theoretically is should work, but I just want to confirm before I start building it. I've been testing everything, except actually seeing how many wires are in the cable.

All the 3.3v controller lines are connected on the board, so yeah, you can just use one source.

Hm, now that you mention it following the 3.3 volt line it appears that all the lines are already connected. Just like you said! :dahroll:

Quick little update the docking station is done. The quality of it feels really nice, and I'm not just saying that because I made it. Of course I can't test it but I used a connectivity tester (battery pack and LED :awesome: ghetto!) and everything matches up with the pins at the end of the vga cable. I was even able to put some weight on it (baggy O' dirt :awesome: more ghetto!) so that when it sits on your entertainment center or wherever you dock your station it always stays right side up and doesn't flop around like a hollow piece of plastic.

bentomo said:
Quick little update the docking station is done. The quality of it feels really nice, and I'm not just saying that because I made it. Of course I can't test it but I used a connectivity tester (battery pack and LED :awesome: ghetto!) and everything matches up with the pins at the end of the vga cable. I was even able to put some weight on it (baggy O' dirt :awesome: more ghetto!) so that when it sits on your entertainment center or wherever you dock your station it always stays right side up and doesn't flop around like a hollow piece of plastic.

But it is a hollow piece of plastic. What's the matter with you.

:dah:

But it's not hollow anymore. It's got authentic Minnesota dirt and rocks in it now. :awesome:

I sealed up the bag in like 10 different places with hot glue. It won't be coming open inside it, ever.

Back