bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 12/05/09 *56K*

Re: bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 11/21/09 *56K*

I know you guys love updates and I wanted you guys to know how close it is to done. Pretty much 95%
Glue replace with screw. 1000x stronger.
DSC02458.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

Cartridge slot mounted.
DSC02460.jpg

Screen cleanly led modded. Done in about 15 mins.
DSC02462.jpg

Controller wired up, tested works. Batteries underneath (green electrical tape) and screen underneath that.
DSC02466.jpg

:D

Re: bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 11/21/09 *56K*

How did you wire your led mod? (I know how to do it, i mean like wire placement) I did mine, but i put all the wires on the side of the metal screen frame. Did you just put yours on the back of it?

Then I'd have to take it apart. The holes are in the corner and the leds in the same spot. The only difference is that the wires come out the back instead of the side.

Alright, the construction is going great and no issues as of yet. There is 1 however with the docking system.

Now when I turn the system on everything is fine, and when the screen turns off everything is still working. I used the av docking station with a normal tv and it still plays. Now when I turn the screen back on the whole system resets, including the n64.

Now what I think what's happening is that when the screen comes on and the voltage drops, it may be dropping too much for just enough time and the system resets, which is weird because the li-poly batteries should be much stronger then that, unless they're on a low charge.

However in the process I did figure out something obvious, I can still attach the charger to the switch so when the system is off you can charge the system and. So you don't have to remember to switch the screen off to charge it.

I haven't tried using the charger to compensate for the voltage loss to see if I can get the screen to come back on without the system resetting.

So
1. the system will charge without the screen being off, the power switch must be off (like we usually charge our portables.
2. this is only a guess but the charger must be in or you may need the battery more than a 75% charge to turn it back on.

Other then that everything is going great.

Hey guys I've been thinking more about this problem and do you think that a capacitor behind the switch would give enough kick to power on the screen without losing the voltage?

Excellent work man. Saw thw video, it was sweet. I wouldnt sell that id i were you, but i bet youlk get a pretty penny.

Back