bentomo's N64P 2.0 WIP Starlight 64 update 12/05/09 *56K*

Re: THEWISE1'S N64P 2.0 WIP

thewise1 said:
grossaffe said:
Basement_Modder said:
thewise1 said:
First post is updated with a video.

Looks good, Just wondering where the c-buttons will go.
I'd assume right under the AB buttons
HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!?!?! :eek: :eek:

:awesome:
telepathy.jpg

It doesn't look it but the edges are sanded down so it's a bit more friendly.

Alright I've done it 90% successfully, I put two 4 meg ram chips on the n64, and it still works. The only problem is the video is a little messed up. Actually a lot messed up, but the sound is still working and I think you can play it, I didn't try.

The video worked fine before the mod. Now I'm just wondering what can I try to fix it.

thewise1 said:
Alright I've done it 9% successfully, I put two 4 meg ram chips on the n64, and it still works. The only problem is the video is a little messed up. Actually a lot messed up, but the sound is still working and I think you can play it, I didn't try.

The video worked fine before the mod. Now I'm just wondering what can I try to fix it.

Pictures?

Sorry about that, I forgot to put one up and didn't think anyone would reply that fast. BTW I meant 90% working

635948_dsc02354.jpg

I know nothing about anything, but check the AV pins at the top of the board. Maybe something came loose.

I find it strange that the video would mess up by adding RAM, but then again it's not like I know how the N64 goes about handling things.

I actually am just using wires with an av connector, so I know noting there is bad.

Possibly a power issue? I know the N64 consumes more with an expansion pak, but I don't know if the same applies here.

I tried the power thing and it didn't work. I do have one more n64 board. So if I can't fix this one, then I'm just going to skip the expansion pak altogether. Only a few games need it, granted that all those games are awesome. It's still less power, heat, and space.

thewise1 said:
I tried the power thing and it didn't work. I do have one more n64 board. So if I can't fix this one, then I'm just going to skip the expansion pak altogether. Only a few games need it, granted that all those games are awesome. It's still less power, heat, and space.

1. It doesn't take THAT much more power.
2. If you sorta link it to the main heatsink it will be fine.
3. It's not that big.

Personally, I haven't integrated a jumper pak because I can't find one cheap.

The problem with the expansion pak is the height, vertically the jumper pak is smaller. If there is enough room for it in the final revision then I'll include one.

Back