ShockSlayer's 10th N64p; Commission 2!

eurddrue said:
ShockSlayer said:
ßeta said:
How thick is it?
:lol: Anyways, just look it up at polycase.com.

SS
It's ridiculously THICK!!! Like think, black guy thick. I can't believe that he didn't do the ZN-40 :lol: I'm just messing, these things are about an inch and a quarter thick if I recall correctly. They're very comfortable to hold though, I don't see why anybody cares about the .75 inch that you save when using a ZN-40. :neutral2:

Because more space means more wiggle room. Only 2 ZN-40 N64p's have ever been made: Neildo's and Gordon's (which means mine will be the third. :twisted: )

Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
ShockSlayer said:
ßeta said:
How thick is it?

SS
It's ridiculously THICK!!! Like think, black guy thick. I can't believe that he didn't do the ZN-40 :lol: I'm just messing, these things are about an inch and a quarter thick if I recall correctly. They're very comfortable to hold though, I don't see why anybody cares about the .75 inch that you save when using a ZN-40. :neutral2:

Because more space means more wiggle room. Only 2 ZN-40 N64p's have ever been made: Neildo's and Gordon's (which means mine will be the third. :twisted: )
Actually yours will be first, because those were never completed.

eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
ShockSlayer said:
ßeta said:
How thick is it?

SS

:confused:: Mine was completed a long, long time ago, months before I even posted pictures on benheck. Gordon's was never finished though. So his will still be the third, but the second completed. It's really not hard to fit it all in a ZN-40. The boxes on the back of mine are because I liked the look and feel, not because It wouldn't all fit inside just the ZN-40. So for anyone wanting to use a ZN-40 for an N64p, don't think it won't fit just because mine (being the only one completed) has boxes on the back. Good luck on your build!

Neildo_64 said:
eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
ShockSlayer said:
ßeta said:
How thick is it?

SS

:confused:: Mine was completed a long, long time ago, months before I even posted pictures on benheck. Gordon's was never finished though. So his will still be the third, but the second completed. It's really not hard to fit it all in a ZN-40. The boxes on the back of mine are because I liked the look and feel, not because It wouldn't all fit inside just the ZN-40. So for anyone wanting to use a ZN-40 for an N64p, don't think it won't fit just because mine (being the only one completed) has boxes on the back. Good luck on your build!
Oh, my bad, I thought that you never "finished" it, because you wanted something else done with the case. :confused: must've imagined it.

Someone else thought it was never completed also. Hmm....weird. Well, for the record, it is, and has been, completed and fully functional. :mrgreen:

18masterkyle said:
Where did you find that psone screen? Im building a portable nes and cant find one for cheap.

Thanks,

Kyle
i think he already had it. unfortunantly, you cant buy them for cheap. :rolleyes:

most of us get them from ebay. Get a verge screen. They are the exact same as a ps1 screen, but oddly go for a lot less.

Neildo_64 said:
Mine was completed a long, long time ago, months before I even posted pictures on benheck. Gordon's was never finished though. So his will still be the third, but the second completed. It's really not hard to fit it all in a ZN-40. The boxes on the back of mine are because I liked the look and feel, not because It wouldn't all fit inside just the ZN-40. So for anyone wanting to use a ZN-40 for an N64p, don't think it won't fit just because mine (being the only one completed) has boxes on the back. Good luck on your build!

Thank you. I always did wonder, though: Why did you leave the boxes black while the rest of the system was grey? Not that it doesn't look nice, but I just always wondered.
Neildo_64 said:
Someone else thought it was never completed also. Hmm....weird. Well, for the record, it is, and has been, completed and fully functional. :mrgreen:
Did you ever sell it, or did you keep it? (I will.)
18masterkyle said:
Where did you find that psone screen? Im building a portable nes and cant find one for cheap.

themadhacker showed us one for $16 the other day, but those are rare. Expect to pay around $30-50.
bacteria said:
I don't seem to get Verge screens on the UK e-bay site, perhaps they only do NTSC ones. PSone screens are getting more expensive now for sure.
Probably because they are all getting hacked by portablizers. :rolleyes: But seriously, it has to have taken its toll on the supply.
ShockSlayer said:
Yeah, I shell out the extra for the guarentee.

Also, updated eurddrue's profile again.

SS

:lol:

bacteria said:
Probably more likely that you can't get Verge screens in the UK. Seems the price in the UK now for a PSone screen is £50-£60 each! :eek:

That is way too much for a psone screen. Ironically, the cheapest ones I can find are the ones bundled with PSone's. :neutral2:

I left the boxes black just to give it a two tone look. And it is sort of sold. I'm not actually sure about the sold part.

Back