Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

Went to my local retro game store (independent, "mom and pop" shop kinda place) and went to buy a game boy camera for $3. guy kept trying to scan it and it wasn't in their system, so he hands me my money back as well as the camera and said "Merry Christmas". Winning.

This came in the mail yesterday.

seiNo.png

Veruca Salt's "American Thighs" autographed by Louise Post. Cost me $8. I am most pleased.

Both Weezer and Scars on Broadway kick all sorts of ass. Great find!

That's a vinyl copy of Scars, too. Only cost me $10 after shipping, brand-new.

Thanks! :D

I got an xbox, a controller and goldeneye for xbox for 8 dollars a a garage sale. :awesome:

Triforce :ninj:

Syphon Filter (greatest hits) and F1 2000 for Playstation - $3/ea

I still feel ripped off. :neutral2:

PS2, 4 controllers, 2 games, 320GB HDD, hacked with tons of games, Netwok adapter, three-system AV cables (with S-video) and memcard for $20.

I love Craigslist.

Yesterday all the Goodwill stores in my area were 50% off the entire store (may be nationwide, not sure. Got this and tetris for GB for a total of $8.50.
IMG_20120303_215720.jpg

I got a 17 inch 4::3: LCD for $20, 2 Playstations for $4 total, and that BA desk in my bed thread for $20 + a $10 tip to the guy that helped move it.

I feel pretty good about this.

I need to clean and rebuild the backlight module for the LCD, but other than that, it's pretty decent. Great for a test monitor. I took the bezel off and mounted it in just the metal sheathing because I think it looks cooler and don't give a Dang if it breaks.

Just picked up a dead 24" iMac for $30. Not sure if I want to put in the $100 to fix it, or sell it as is for a profit.

Dead as in "won't turn on" or dead as in "missing half the parts"?

If it won't turn on, there's a good chance it's just the capacitors in the power supply.

I've checked the PSU, no apparent damage. I forgot to double check the diagnostic LEDs on the mobo before I put the Dang thing back together. It's a serious pain to pull it apart.
Besides that, it could also be the motherboard. So, I've come up with this plan-
-If PSU, fix for $80
-If mobo, sell for $400.

It's a win-win situation.

ZX Spectrum Plus for £10. No cables but the owner had tested it and said it'd work.

Wyse model WT3125SE x86 thin client - $10

They actually had three of these things there; I might grab another if I can get this one to do anything fun. :awesome:

bic said:
Dead as in "won't turn on" or dead as in "missing half the parts"?

If it won't turn on, there's a good chance it's just the capacitors in the power supply.

If the PSU ever went south, it's possible that it's been tripped into a perma-off mode. Check to see if it outputs anything.

Went to Goodwill yesterday and got 3 cassettes. Raising Heck by RUN-D.M.C., Legend by Bob Marley and the Whalers, and Look What the Cat Dragged In by Poison. Grand total of $1.85.

I only bought the last one because it was sealed, 50 cents, and I figured I could make a small profit from it. Poison sucks otherwise.

Back