Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

Well really he bought it second hand, so valve didn't actually get any money from it....

That's irrelevant because no CD key was included. Basically, Abyss paid the thrift store for an incomplete copy of the HL2:Ep1 installation media.

It doesn't matter how many copies of the install media you have, but if you don't have a key you're not legally entitled to run the software. Period.

bic said:
That's irrelevant because no CD key was included. Basically, Abyss paid the thrift store for an incomplete copy of the HL2:Ep1 installation media.

It doesn't matter how many copies of the install media you have, but if you don't have a key you're not legally entitled to run the software. Period.
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 has a CD key and everything, although it is probably already redeemed to someone's steam account. Diablo II had a sticker on it with the key, but it was damaged and I can't read one of the sections of it. I haven't tried installing either of these on a computer.

I reed very goodly. :dah:

You may or may not be able to use HL2. It's almost definitely tied to someone else's account already, but I don't know how Valve handles secondhand copies. Try emailing their Steam support before installing. Worst they can do is give you a link to buy the game off Steam, right? :awesome:

Went to the Goodwill (same one from the previous post's actually) got a GameCube with an AC adapter and a third party 64mb memory card. Cost me 8 dollars.

wolborg said:
Went to the Goodwill (same one from the previous post's actually) got a GameCube with an AC adapter and a third party 64mb memory card. Cost me 8 dollars.
And to think I was going to head up there today.

How do you find this stuff? All my goodwill has are broken printers!

People don't donate crappy items and the employees underprice things all the time at our Goodwill. For example, I got an original Xbox for only $5 on a 50% off day one time. :awesome:

I got an LG bluray player for $30 from my local thrift store. It didn't have the remote, and its pretty much impossible to use without one, which is probably why it was donated. $15 universal remote fixed that.

What really scared me was that on the memory card the save files owner name was spelled the same as this girl I dated.
Her name was spelled very uniquely because her parents are stupid.
I may or may not have contacted AIDS from this amazing deal.

I got a sega nomad with a wall adapter, car charger, rechargeable battery pack, and 4 games for only $70

wolborg said:
I may or may not have contacted AIDS from this amazing deal.
She would have to have cut herself with the blood landing on the Gamecube.
Impossible; no one can be that depressed in the presence of a Gamecube!
Now, here's the more likely story: She used the Gamecube to -SNIP-

flamestained said:
I got a sega nomad with a wall adapter, car charger, rechargeable battery pack, and 4 games for only $70

Actually not that great of a bargain, tbh. I got the same thing for $20 once.
That's only about $10 off the eBay price.

I got a stack of MAD magasines from my local secondhand store :)
IMAG0050.jpg

The magasines were mostly american but also some of the swedish version. They are in great condition considering the age (from the 80-90's). Some of the folding pics in the back haven't even been fold!

The whole stack of 35 mags cost me 100SEK. :D (100SEK is like 10 €)

So I was with my parents for city-wide garage sales in a town near where I live. I look at the paper and I see one of the garage sales has a Nintendo 64 with some games advertised. I'm not expecting much here, but any N64 games are nice. I tell my parents where to go and they take me there. As we pull up, I see that they're packing up all the leftover garage sale stuff into boxes and putting it into their car. I get out and ask if they still have the N64. The older lady says they sold it, but they still have some games left over. Almost all of my hope gone, I ask to see the games.

She pulls out a cardboard box and sets it on a folding card table. I take a look inside. My body goes numb and I weakly ask, "How much for the whole box?". She starts to speak, but I interrupt her and blurt out "How's $10 sound?" a little louder than I should've. She looks at me strangely and agrees on the price. I pay and take the box.

Wanna see what's inside?

DQgcMl.jpg

Bam. Mint condition boxes and instructions all around. Almost doubled my N64 library for $10. warblarbalgrlbalrgh I'm so happy.

Nice, McGee.

Went to a Savers here in Phoenix. Got a $4 Playstation and a $6 Polaroid Supercolor. Great condition. Will need to hit the place up again for the $6 Polaroid Spirit I saw so I can make a bit more of a profit (I checked after returning home and the Supercolor's lowest price on Amazon is $25 and the Spirit's is $45).

I would word this post more properly but it's annoying using an iPod's keyboard.

I stopped last week by a St. Vincent De Paul and got a huge haul. GameCube system, snes system and verge 5" GameCube screen for $7 each. Plus in a box I found Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario All Stars and a few other games marked for $1 a piece! This store is awesome. Systems are always $7, controllers, cords and games always $1. Also once got an old iMac G3 for $5, and I think about 90% of the time the stuff all works perfectly. All those games above work and still save.

£4 for a SCPH-1002 Playstation, just needed the pot adjusting.

$10 for an Atari Flashback 2. Came with both controllers and the power adapter.

free ps2 phat, required pot adjusting and sold again for 20 euro
wet gamecube without cables + animal crossing + mem. card + 2 gba + gc/gba cable + broken gba rechargeable bat. pack + french gameboy game = 12 euro!!!!! I just had to let it dry and it all works perfectly now.

also:
my pc:
intel i7 2.6 ghz quad core
2x nvidea 285 gtx (sli)
1 tb hdd
80 gb ssd
corsair case
8 gb ram
enz

logitech performance mouse mx + illuminated keyboard
1 19" screen
5.1 pc speakers