Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

I snagged a free Commodore 64 from a box on the side of the road on my way home from the Post Office today.

I am excite.

Twilight Wolf said:
I snagged a free Commodore 64 from a box on the side of the road on my way home from the Post Office today.

I am excite.

Time for a Commodore 64 Portable! :awesome:

Actually, I cleaned it up and stuck it on eBay :p I've always wanted to check one out, but I currently have no space to keep one and I don't need more stuff that'll just go unused :<

4 og xbox 1 set of cables 1 duke 1 controlleR
2gamecubes 1 controller 1 Av cable
Pci Ethernet controller
Multi av out switcher thing
BUnch of random cables
All units working perfectly except one xbox had a jammed disc drive but a copy of halo 2 inside
50 usd.

I'm not sure if it's an amazing deal but I just ordered a gameboy micro on amazon with the original box and everything for 60 bucks. I thought it was pretty good considering the cheapest I could find was 50 bucks for one without a charger at a local owned game store. I'll take it for 10 bucks more for the charger and original booklets.

So I went to the flea market today and spent $110

I bought a variety of games, including Shaq-Fu and a mint condition F-Zero for SNES, but the big item was a factory sealed Super Mario Land for $10.

Found a working model 2 Sega Saturn with two Sega-brand gamepads at Goodwill yesterday for $16.99. Gonna clean it up and try to sell it at a profit. Yessssssssss

Haha, Shaq-Fu. How much did you drop on that one?

Kickback said:
Haha, Shaq-Fu. How much did you drop on that one?

I essentially got it for free, seeing as I was able to drop at least $12 or so off all their prices, and it was listed as $6

So they payed you $6 for it? Not enough, imo. :p

I've always wanted the rare Amiga version of Shaq-Fu, it's got worse controls than the SNES & Genesis version and no music. It's so bad Wikipedia didn't even list it in the platforms for a while.

50% off day at goodwill. Found a food bag vacuum sealer thing, was priced $15 but it was taped into its box so I couldn't tell if it was any good. Bought it for 7.50. Turned out the box was never opened, brand spankin' new! Them things go for like $100 new at the store. Box was pretty old looking so I guess it sat in someones garage for a few years.

I mean brand new, never opened. Box was still factory sealed.

Also 50% off day at Goodwill. I got Final Fantasy IX, everything there and in good condition. $1.61.

Found a M-Audio Audiophile USB Dac/Headphone amp in a skip. Would have cost £120 new :awesome:

-Long version-
I regurally check a swedish site thats somewhat like craigslist and found an ad from a guy selling two wii consoles that wouldn't read discs. So I called guy and he told me it was his four year old son who broke them by putting in two discs at a time. The price was 350 swedish kronor for both consoles and all the cords. So I took the subway 45 minutes away and to meet him. He had told me that he was going to buy a new wii for his son, so I thought I would be nice and give him three games I never play. I had myself bought the three games for 5+5+10 kronor on a yardsale, and they were all crappy sportsgames. I met him and tool a look a the consoles and I was like "here, give these games to your son or something, I never play them", and he was like "oh you give me three games and you are 16 years old, I have a job and make money, you can have the wiis" :eek:. So he gave me the two wii consoles in exchange for three crappy sportsgames. :D It felt a little wrong, I didn't want to rip him off or anything but he insisted. I took the subway back home and tested the wiis out. On the first wii was the disc insertion mechanism broken, the game wouldn't be sucked in. The second one worked perfectly fine, I tested both standing and horisontal and it read the disc every time. He had basically given them to me and it worked perfectly fine so I sent him a text explaining the situation. Since he was going to buy a new wii for his son and just gave away a working one. I guess I felt nice so he will be picking up the working wii tomorrow. :tophat:

-Short version-
Traded three wii games I bought for 20 SEK for a wii (with cords) that can't read discs.

Guess what's gonna happen with the wii ;)

Today I found $20! :awesome:

Then at goodwill I got a cool industrial lamp that will be perfect on the workbench I'm building! It's got 2 lights on adjustable snake thingies. Only cost me $3!

Picture:
Yes, it takes standard lightbulbs.
20120924_004226.jpg

I got 2 n64 controllers, 4 mint Genesis games (Desert Strike, Centurion Defender of Rome, Abrams Battle Tank, and one more I can't remember) in cases worth about $15-20 each, Jurassic Park for the 3DO, mega man and jurassic park for the game boy in great shape, Cool Spot for the SNES, and a few other small things.

Price? 5 bucks.

$20 for a slot-loading indigo iMac G3. Came with a non-original power cable and non-original mouse. It also works, and someone put a lot of money and effort into it, since it has 768MB of RAM and OS X 10.4 on it. Of course, none of that really matters...

iqj5tx.jpg

That's my only USB keyboard, and I used the Mac mouse for about five minutes before giving up and digging through the parts bin for that Dell.

Back