800*480 5in Ebay screens?

lyberty5

Lately I've been looking at 5in ebay screens on ebay, and I've stumbled upon a few that specified that they were 800*480 and NOT 480*272 (they sometimes made it the whole title)

exemple : http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Inch-Great-Co ... 5d46d2a636

I'm wondering about those, since they look exactly like the others from the pictures.. I doubt that they are that much better for the same price. I'd like to try both but I don't know if my budget will allow it.

If I have more info I'll surely post it here :)

Also to all you NTSC peeps that enjoy VGA, I found this reasonably priced VGA/Composite 800*480 screen that looks a bit more believable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-0-inch-800x ... 461642c7de

I might even end up bying those ^^

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* it, I bought the supposedly "high def" composite screen, i'll hook it up to my wii and we'll see if I can get some actual 480p action. Whoch would be cool since those screens require minimal work.

I guess I got confused by my wii settings saying I was outputting 480p. Thanks.
Even though, the "normal" definition of those screens can't display all of the 360p image.

But obviously I don't really believe they'll have such a definition. We'll see in a month.

Ok so I recieved the screen and from the box to the actual casing they like to remind you that this is supposed to be 800*480

140118021343429477.jpg
140118021328332552.jpg

It seems as though they didn't lie. However since there's no other way to connect it than composite, the picture quality isn't that great. But as for actual definition I think they didn't lie, it looks pretty good to my uneducated eye.

However I haven't had experience with 5" screens of any kind (except the psone screens) so maybe someone would like to correct me on that using the non-resized picture below :

http://nsa20.casimages.com/img/2014/01/ ... 318447.jpg

It even has a possibility to switch between 4::3: and 16:9 which is nice.
The only big problem so far is that (as you'll see in the picture), the image is off by half a centimeter to the right, which is pretty disapointing, and this only happends in PAL 60Hz (480i according to the wii)
However in PAL 50Hz, there's no problem.. That's kind of a disapointement, does anyone know of a way to fix that ?

All things considered, I don't think those screens are worth double the price of other ebay 5" screens, but that was to be expected...

lyberty5 said:
The only big problem so far is that (as you'll see in the picture), the image is off by half a centimeter to the right, which is pretty disapointing, and this only happends in PAL 60Hz (480i according to the wii)
However in PAL 50Hz, there's no problem.. That's kind of a disapointement, does anyone know of a way to fix that ?
I don't know about the screen itself, but can't you go into the wii's settings and center the picture that way?

The picture above is with the screen recentered through the wii settings, as you said.. :(

It only goes like one or two mm max..

I'm sorry to post once more but I just wanted to conlude this topic saying that I was able to compare these to another 400*240 screen.

Turns out those are the real deal, only composite though, but you don't loose one pixel of the image.

Back