E3 2013

DK

Donkey>King
So E3's finally started. Hopefully we'll see just how/if good the next gen consoles are.

Only thing that's grabbed my attention so far is the announcement of Mirror's Edge 2. If it's on the PC, i'll be buying an Oculus Rift and experiencing the worst possible case of motion sickness.

Ubisoft's host is Lana?

Also, I'm still pissed that Michael Ironside is not voice Sam Fisher.

PS4 $400

Xbone's gonna have trouble competing with all it's BS and higher price point.

Sony won Round One, Microsoft lost a bit, Nintendo lose a lot just for not being there (Wii UU not confirmed then)

Saw "X" and I think I jizzed my pants a little. I don't think they could have gone with a more obvious spiritual successor to Xenogears if they tried.

I deleted my E3 thread in game discussion since this thread exists. Yeah X looked awesome.

I personally was very disappointed by Nintendo's presentation. I was expecting a large scale 3D mario game (Mario Universe perhaps). Mario 3D world seems too much like the 3DS game, and I'm not a fan of the isometric viewing or 8 directional character control.

Nintendo was also pretty quiet about the new HD Wind Waker. It's 3 months away, and it would have been nice to get some details, or maybe info on whether they're going to include those 2 unreleased dungeons or not.

The biggest disappointment by far was that Retro Studio's BIG SECRET GAME that they've been working on all this time, turned out to be yet another Donkey Kong Returns game for the WiiU. I was hoping for metroid. Heck, I would have been preferred Starfox or a new IP. A sidescrolling DK game was the last thing I wanted.

Smash Bros looked cool and I was glad to see Megaman, but it also looks a bit familiar. Hopefully they spice it up a bit and give us a great adventure mode and some event matches.

Sony definitely won E3.

Smash Bros looks pretty neat. I already know it's gonna be brawl again with *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YES MEGAMAN OH MY CHRIST so if I get that or better, it's all good. The Spirit Tracks stage is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in' sweet.

Plus I haven't wanted a 3DS game since...when did OoT come out? I don't have a WiiU so I'll have to make some friends that do, and then mod a Pro controller into a GC controller for this.

SS

So far, I am most excited about Mirrors Edge (2?). Plenty of other games are gonna be trying the first person parkour, but that's just not the same. I very seriously hope that it is much better than the first, since that was basically a polished alpha.

Super Mario 3D Land (which sucked) on Wii U and the new Zelda is 2D, what?

Smash Bros & Mario Kart, fun games. Wii U Party, enjoyed Wii Party so see no reason why this shouldn't be fun either.

A new Donkey Kong is just meh to me tbh.

I've always preferred Microsoft over Sony but the xboxone is not appealing to me at all. I hate the name, I dont like how the controller looks, and i dont like the whole forcing me to be connected to internet and no backwards compatibility.. the list can go all day. Meanwhile Sony has a cheaper console with the same games but its just better in every way. I really want Sony to completely crush the xboxone in sales.

I'm soo excited for battlefront!! This is my favorite game on ps2 and I've been waiting for a new one for a long time now. I have a bad feeling it will be first person just like every other game out there but it probably won't stop me from getting it. Just the thought of playing a giant war like the good old days, but now over the internet with my friends!! I can't even wait for the release!!

gman said:
I've always preferred Microsoft over Sony but the xboxone is not appealing to me at all.
Same. Also, apparently now PSN will be like $5 a month, but it still beats the XB1. I have a feeling Ballmer and whoever was in charge of the project will be leaving Microsoft pretty soon. Things are not looking good in general for them. Oh, and now MS is saying that trading in games has to be done through "private companies" or some flax like that, so GameStop and BestBuy are like the only two options for trading in XB1 games. *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you, Microsoft.

Actually less Flux, because MS is making them pay a percentage to the publisher of the game. I'm starting to think Microsoft has opened their Pandora's box of bad ideas or something.

At least I can go pay my strippers when I turn in a used XB1 game. Sega needs the dollar.

*Walks into strip club and slowly slides an XB1 game into a girls panties and walks out.

Back