Whos's your FAVORITE portablizer?(ANY SITE)

Yup! I saw that pic a while back. Techknott is amazing at what he does.

Now, the question doesn't say "most skilled" or "the best" or even "the most organized" portablizer........just the favorite :dah:

but SS makes me laugh my arse off with most of his posts, so I would have to say he's my favorite portablizer. Without SS, portablizing just wouldn't be the same. I mean the guy freakin made 12+ N64 Portables! WHO DOES THAT!?!?!? :awesome:

Jewjo said:
SteamDNT 2.5 said:
Technotts are pretty sexy. Bacteria is pretty good at what he does, but his cases aren't AMAZING like some others.
SS- yours would probably be better if you spent more time sanding/worked on case making skills.
Haven't we had, like 5 DNTs before?

My vote goes to whoever is the first to make a small, portrait style N64p.
:awesome:

(hint, hint, wink, wink)

:rofl:

Anyway, I want to know that gamecube portable is INCREDIBLE!! I wish I had a cnc machine.

bentomo said:
Anyway, I want to know that gamecube portable is INCREDIBLE!! I wish I had a cnc machine.
techknott doesnt use cnc,as i recall. he uses time and an exacto knife. ;) :eek:

SO HARD TO CHOOSE!

ShockSlayer is very prolific and creative, but many of his portables are ugly as Heck. But I really like the way he just quickly slaps things together. It kinda reminds me of me.

Hailrazer made some pretty awesome portables, but the Genesis one is a piece of crap (IMO anyway) and he's a bit... OCD. But still, epic portables.

Bacteria was pretty cool before he went insane. But the Dreambox is a monstrosity. It's trying to include every possible feature, taken to the extreme. There are only two ways to be worse. An N64 with and N64DD, or a Genesis with all the addons. And he went insane.

In the honorable mention category;

BenHeck made a flaxload of portables and made it into a business almost. But his portables are often big, ugly and awkward looking. He also, contrary to popular belief, did not push the envelope very far. And he has a bad phobia of N64s.

Techknott is definitely a rising star. Wasn't he one of the pioneers of GCps?

Marshallh has some 1337 skills, but has made some questionable decisions. For example, scrapping the L64 for parts and building the multari, which is a Flashback2 with a homemade multicart. I mean, what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*?

PalmerTech will rank up here somewhere if he ever finishes anything.

SifuF made the awesome little Sixtyfree Lite-r, the first RCP wired portable. But it's not that big an achievement anymore, and not sharing how he did it was a dick move. Also, he only made three portables that I know of, all N64s.

G-Force had his day, but that was a long time ago. For better or for worse, a new group of portabilizers rose up. Remember, SS wasn't that big a name until fairly recently.

Life Of Brian was one of my favorite portabilizers a while back. After moving to ModRetro, though, I forgot about him. Also, there are no worklog links in his sig IIRC, so much of his work goes unappreciated by me.

Lovablechevy was one of two female portabilizers and had some useful information. No idea where she's at now. Last time I checked she had some unfinished and some finished projects, as well as one coming soon.

Hugely long list aside, my favorite portabilizer is obviously me. I'll finish YAP64 eventually, then build a crap Genesis portable, then another smaller N64p, then a Dreamcast laptop, then a GCp, with an XBOX laptop in there somewhere.

XCVG said:
SifuF made the awesome little Sixtyfree Lite-r, the first RCP wired portable. But it's not that big an achievement anymore, and not sharing how he did it was a dick move. Also, he only made three portables that I know of, all N64s.

:confused: I was actually very impressed that SifuF showed all the pics that he did, instead of just keeping it a secret since it was HIS portable after all. My opinion anyways

-ShockSlayer
-hailrazer
-zenloc
-tecknott
-Tchay (If he finishes his GCp's)
-Joeyjoe9876 (When he makes the Saturn portable)
-bacteria/megabite
-Marshallh
-EVIL NOD
I can sense MichaelThurston will be a portabilizing legend too. :awesome:

TechScreen19 said:
-ShockSlayer
-hailrazer
-zenloc
-tecknott
-Tchay (If he finishes his GCp's)
-Joeyjoe9876 (when he makes the Saturn portable)
-bacteria/megabite

I can sense MichaelThurston will be a portabilizing legend too. :awesome:

fix'd

already started making case design ideas, nobody will see it until i make progress tho.

my favorite is bacteria. I know, everybody hates him now, but he was one Heck of a portablizer. Being a perfectionist on his portables really payed off, especially on his psone and dreamcast.

My second favorite would be a tie between hail and ben. Ben started it all, and his look the most professional. Hail's work reminds me a lot of bac, except he is not a buttknocker.

Back