The "WiiBoy"

I know it's small for what it is, just still fatter than most people you ever met would call "portable". For us, it's awesome, but for them, it's like, why not just *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing carry around an anvil.

...finally :p. I have heard rumors of nintendo releasing a smaller improved wii so I might wait until then for my wiip. But I really like this one :) what is the host case for this and what will be the final colors?

snowpenguin said:
I know it's small for what it is, just still fatter than most people you ever met would call "portable". For us, it's awesome, but for them, it's like, why not just *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing carry around an anvil.
Looks like the "portable" under your standards is the 64 Boy.

J.D said:
snowpenguin said:
Looks like the "portable" under your standards is the 64 Boy.

He's saying noobs won't like it even though we think it's teh sex.

Through the use of the pronoun "us" we can only assume that snowpenguin appreciates it for what it is and not it's size.

SS

Ooh, kinky.

@Hail: Thanks, it is really swell that you think a young whippersnapper's portable like mine has a gee whiz factor. ;)

@Beta: This was a quick shoot with a bad camera to show that I am still working hard on this (Took SO much effort to get it looking even that nice). Next shot will have scale.

@BM: Yep, this baby is small. 8)

@Toast: Smaller Wii.... Eh, maybe. I doubt it, to be honest, but you never know. :p Host case is a Star Trek DVD Box Set TOS case. This plastic is really, really thick and solid. I am not lying when I say I feel like I could stand on the case and it would not have any issues.

Final color... Well, I have some high gloss bright yellow automotive paint, I am currently testing a Gameboy Pocket with it to see how it looks. To be honest, it will probably end up being gloss white, to fit the buttons and to match the Wii theme.

i saw that. i have the TOS dvd set as well. not a bad idea, except, where do you keep you star trek now? :awesome:and finish this thing already!

I keep my Star Trek in a black plastic box, with all my other DVDs, to preserve them. I have digital rips if I ever want to watch, anyways.

Looks really good, man! It's just so hard... to think of anything else to say. Still want to see how motion control pans out.

Badly. Motion control is not something I am working hard on for this one, this is essentially a portable Gamecube and Virtual console that happens to play some Wii games too. I have ideas for head mounted motion tracking in the next revision, but that is a long ways off.

Oh, well then in that case motion controls won't matter really. I might try a wii when my skillz improve, they're getting cheaper.

I just noticed, but:
Basement_Modder said:
That's hella small, snow!
snowpenguin said:

About 12 anvils to be precise. Dang I can't even remember how many portables you've made, what number are you at?

By the way, prepare for SS's 3000th post. :godot:

Back