Sprocket64 Worklog. FINISHED. See page 27.

Re: Sprocket64 Worklog. Now with 157% less abandonment!

Okay, I decided I really do not like all the visible scratches. I will apply another coat of paint tomorrow and see if it helps.

EDIT: Since I am bringing this thing to ComiCon, I will have to include an LOB64 port. :awesome: I will kick everybody's butt at Mario Kart! :awesomemario:

Mario said:
Okay, I decided I really do not like all the visible scratches. I will apply another coat of paint tomorrow and see if it helps.

EDIT: Since I am bringing this thing to ComiCon, I will have to include an LOB64 port. :awesome: I will kick everybody's butt at Mario Kart! :awesomemario:

Sure you know this but sand with 400, then 800, then 2000 for the perfect smoothy smooth.

Nintendott: Meh, who cares? :p

Hailrazer: I've only got 400 sandpaper. Beta advised me to wetsand all the paint off, then paint it again. I did that, and it looks a lot better, but you can still see some small scratches. It's not very bad anymore, so I'm okay with it. I'll put on another coat in 6-8 hours and see how that helps.

Glad it worked for ya. Did you make your scratches uniform at least?

I was sanding in one direction the whole time, but some of the scratches from the 150 grit sandpaper are still faintly there. It's not too noticeable, and it does look much better. Another coat of paint will help, too.

Circular sanding for the win.

Back and forth sanding is for wood with grain. For sanding smooth surfaces you want to do circular sanding.

And you can find higher grit sandpaper at Wal-mart in the Automotive section for less than $5

No, Nintendott.

Hail, I did use circular sanding. :awesome: I always do. But yeah, my sandpaper was not adequate. I should buy some more.

Here's what I'm doing for the power button. It is translucent and has two SMD led's glued being it - one red, one white. (It's actually the power light thing from an SNES.) It sits on top of a tact switch, which switches Daftmike's power flip-flop on and off. It has a low battery indicator that switches the two LED's.

Lots of pictures! :awesome:
One of the surface mount LED's I'm using for the power button:
dxo7bn.jpg

After wires being soldered to it, proving it works. :)
2vvrvj8.jpg

I'm using Daftmike's low battery indicator for this portable. You can see the LED's glued to the power button.
c57pw.jpg

20qux1.jpg

Screwposts glued in the case:
140aet0.jpg

Circuit screwed in:
6o1z5s.jpg

Showing the white LED (okay battery):
2r6zdwi.jpg

Red LED (low battery):
5by3d0.jpg

Screen glued in, showing 16:9:
20uoa3r.jpg

4::3::
15h29w2.jpg

Joystick with screwposts screwed on, waiting to be glued:
sq40mu.jpg

Joystick and screen in, looking very sexy. ::3:
xe1v2q.jpg

Insides so far. The loose board in the middle is the brightness/color controls for the screen.
i3z344.jpg

This looks a lot bigger inside than it does outside.

Very :awesome:.
Are you using the 77USD screen from DealXtreme?

SS: Hentai is :lol:

This looks so awesome! I love the low led power button.

Funny, I actually was going to do that exact thing with the power button on the micro 64, but never thought to put both the circuits on one pcb, and was going to use a green smt led instead of white.

Looks good. I want that screen.

Wow this is looking Amazing, It makes me want to start a new N64 portable! :awesome:

That's pretty epic. But what's the point of screwposts if they're hotglued in. Also, I think you just solved my joystick mounting problem. Now if only I could find my perfboard.

How did you/are you going to attach those screw posts? I can never figure that out, I usually end up making strange contraptions holding my joystick in.

Also, those batteries. I have a good pack and a pack that has no mobo, because the mobo fried. think I could wire the two extra cells in parallel and get it work and charge?

SS

Back