Official Wiikey Fusion to GC MOD troubleshooting thread!

j4yf0x said:
Yes, I have continuity between Wiikey Fusion PIN 2 and 4, 4 and 6, 6 and 8 and so on. And yes, therefore I also have continuity between Wiikey Fusion PIN 2 and Gamecube motherboard GND, Wiikey Fusion PIN 4 and Gamecube motherboard GND, Wiikey Fusion PIN 6 and Gamecube motherboard GND and so on... Any idea?
If that's the case, it sounds like your GND connections are just fine.

vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
daam thanks i did use some of the tips but what i really need is to dropm down a 19.2 to 12 and my question is can i use a 7812 for this and if i can what resisters i need to do this ( thanks j4yfox and harvey )
You could, but you would turn almost half of your power into heat (and that's a lot of heat). Why are you using 19.2v?

yeah its a lot of heat , am use two 9.6 battery in series :( what do you recommend ?

thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
daam thanks i did use some of the tips but what i really need is to dropm down a 19.2 to 12 and my question is can i use a 7812 for this and if i can what resisters i need to do this ( thanks j4yfox and harvey )
You could, but you would turn almost half of your power into heat (and that's a lot of heat). Why are you using 19.2v?
yeah its a lot of heat , am use two 9.6 battery in series :( what do you recommend ?
I would recommend using different batteries, or at least breaking the cells up into a 12v battery.

vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
I would recommend using different batteries, or at least breaking the cells up into a 12v battery.

ok i can go down to 14.4 but thats really the most down i can go al steal need a regulator :( and i aready have a 7.5 regulator for my screen but i steal need the 12 v for mi gc and i have 7812 for the regulator but i dont know wish resisters to use ,thats all am looking for what resisters to use

or can i use a relay to put a 7.4 or 9.6 up to 12 v ? just a question

thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:

ok i can go down to 14.4 but thats really the most down i can go al steal need a regulator :( and i aready have a 7.5 regulator for my screen but i steal need the 12 v for mi gc and i have 7812 for the regulator but i dont know wish resisters to use ,thats all am looking for what resisters to use

Start your own thread so you don't fill this one with off topic posts.

vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:
vskid3 said:
thecasperrojas said:

Start your own thread so you don't fill this one with off topic posts.

only one more question what omhs resister i need to regulat to 12v ? pleace help , if u want send me inbox

If you're using the stock gamecube regulator 14.8 or even 20v is fine. I've turned my lab supply all the way up to 30v and the stock regulator takes it and smiles.

Ashen said:
If you're using the stock gamecube regulator 14.8 or even 20v is fine. I've turned my lab supply all the way up to 30v and the stock regulator takes it and smiles.

your my hero man i love your work just like ss , but am using a rev c so it doent have a regular regulator it has a build in one, what can i do ? hey the topic above this one is were am asking for help

harvey263 said:
Here's a couple things I've come across while hooking some more of these up.

I accidentally got the wires for pin 26 and 22 mixed up and it still worked - but instead of waiting for the eject switch to be pushed, the wiikey automatically loads when the power is turned on.

:stare:

It can't possibly be that simple.

I accidentally got the wires for pin 26 and 22 mixed up and it still worked - but instead of waiting for the eject switch to be pushed, the wiikey automatically loads when the power is turned on.
I've seen a few comments on this and realize now that my post might've been misleading. If anyone is imagining that the wiikey menu loaded automatically, that was not the case. I still had to go to Gameplay, press A, press Start for gc-linux. It's just that the blue LED lit up right after powering on and was ready to go (no button press). There might already be a proper solution for making it behave in this manner; thus rendering the topic useless. Sorry if I created any confusion.

harvey263 said:
I've seen a few comments on this and realize now that my post might've been misleading. If anyone is imagining that the wiikey menu loaded automatically, that was not the case. I still had to go to Gameplay, press A, press Start for gc-linux. It's just that the blue LED lit up right after powering on and was ready to go (no button press). There might already be a proper solution for making it behave in this manner; thus rendering the topic useless. Sorry if I created any confusion.
No I assumed it was loading like that.

Still for some of us it's a big issue. Normally closed switches are really obnoxious and an auto load would be very professional. So I'm wondering if all you have to do is switch those pins.

No I assumed it was loading like that.
Still for some of us it's a big issue. Normally closed switches are really obnoxious and an auto load would be very professional. So I'm wondering if all you have to do is switch those pins.
Okay so it's me who was confused.
I get it, one less step to take. At the time I regarded it a 'problem' that needed to be fixed. The pin 22/26 mixup was my only wiring mistake - whether more factors were at play with my particular cube, I can't say. I'm not willing to open her back up to confirm, if I do another I'll try to reproduce it. If it helps, this was a DOL-101, wires soldered to bottom of mobo, connected to ffc adapter. Pin 29/GND with this switch: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062543
If anyone is trying this, bear in mind Ashen's earlier comment.
Pin 26 is the audio streaming clock signal and pin 22 is DI reset. Dunno how good of an Idea it is to keep them switched.

Hi!!

I've been reading through this post to find a solution to my problem but i haven't found one, so I'm asking for help, please

I have a PAL Gamecube Rev C

I have soldered all wires according to the tutorial and used a picture someone posted to locate 3.3v and 1.9v

I checked three times the wires and when i was pretty sure all was ok i turn on my gamecube

When I press the switch with GND/1,9V/29 pin the wiikey turns on the blue led and the game appears in the gamecube, but when the menu shows i get "Error reading Disc" (in the wiikey fusion menu, not in the gamecube dash) and the SD cannot be readed.

I tried powering off and on the gamecube and once in a twenty times the sd card is readed ok, and i can play every game I want until i powered off the gamecube.

Summarizing... I get the wiikey fusion always, but the sd card is not readed most of the times, only once in a twenty times as i said.

The wiikey fusion has been updated to 1.5.

Any ideas why this occurs?? What could be wrong if sometimes it works and other don't??. I tried different SD Cards and soldering all over again and the problem is still there

Many thanks for helping

Sounds like a bad cardreader. I've gotten a few wiikeys that behaved this way and swapping out the cardreader fixed it. First, check that the ffc going from the chip to the sd reader is seated properly. If that doesnt fix it, you'll have to contact the store you purchased from and do a return/exchange.

Hi, I finally found the time to shorten my cables, still not working... :( Maybe you can tell me if they're still too long.

(Click to enlarge)

Following lines are still very long (about 25 cm = 10 in):
  • 3,3 V for Wiikey Fusion
  • eject button line
  • drive lid line (no button or switch, always connected)

Do they have to be as short as the other lines?

Anyway, about 10 seconds after turning on the GC, this message will pop up:

cimg4671.jpg

Doesn't matter, if I enter the "Game Play" menu or just wait in the main menu: it will still pop up. Neither the blue, nor the orange Wiikey Fusion LED will flash or blink. If I press the eject button while the GC is still booting up, the blue LED will blink for a very short moment, then the orange LED will flash.

What should I do now? Thank you... :neutral2:

Is the tact switch in that picture what you're trying to use for the "eject" button?

Ashen said:
Sounds like a bad cardreader. I've gotten a few wiikeys that behaved this way and swapping out the cardreader fixed it. First, check that the ffc going from the chip to the sd reader is seated properly. If that doesnt fix it, you'll have to contact the store you purchased from and do a return/exchange.

FFC checked and its seated properly. I've contacted my reseller hoping my wiikey could be exchanged but I bought it almost a month ago so I'm not sure if they are accepting the return.

Is there a way to fix the cardreader?? Or could I built a new one someway??

Thanks for your help!!

Ashen said:
Is the tact switch in that picture what you're trying to use for the "eject" button?
Yep, I planned to hold it down for the whole time. Just while I'm still testing.

I also tried to short-circuit both cables (just to make sure it's not me and/or the tact switch), but the error keeps popping up.

//Edit: or do you ask, because the second cable isn't connected? ;) You can see PIN 29 Wiikey Fusion and GC Mobo GND in the top of the picture inside the screw terminal -> my attempt to avoid the error message by connecting the PINs directly (short-circuit).

Have you even triyed with a normally closed switch?

On another note, i believe (because i've seen ashen do it, never had to do it myself) that you can use any sd cardreader, at least if you relocate it to the pins on the sd card reader board.. A Problem if this board's what's not working..

Back