NintenGO 64

Hey guys! Long time, no update..until NAO!

So I traded my copy of Halo Reach for another N64 and did the same process as before.

I systematically tested the system as I took it apart, then came the gulp rewiring.

I rewired the Cart slot and proceeded to hook it up to my TV. But for some reason, curiosity struck and I hooked up the PREVIOUS N64, just to make sure it was no good. Turned it on, and the LED lit up, started flickering, dimmed out, and turned off. So I wen't "Meh" and hooked up the NEW one. Turned it on and went "FFFFUUUUUUUU--!!". See, I don't know what it was, but the old one shorted and put the PSU in sleep mode, so now I had to wire the batteries up to the system. Did that turned it on, and got nothing. That panicky feeling starting creeping up again, so I shut if off and began to make excuses.

When I hooked up the batteries, I only hooked up ONE of the two 3.3v lines, plus the SDR (Step-Down Regulator) was outputting 3.1v anyway, so I remained calm. I bridged both 3.3v lines and turned it on. Smoke, Smoke EVERYWHERE! Shut it off and cursed a bit. I tried again with the other battery pack (I have two now) same thing. So I figured the power connector had a short somewhere on it, and took off the batteries (They're on the charger now, cause when the smoke came out, it ONLY came from the batteries and their voltage dropped to 0.53v)

So I went back over to the TV and hooked the PSU up to the new 64 and LOLWUT? it Worked! Rewiring was good, but I had to act fast cause knowing my luck, the forces of nature will be quick to move against me. So I tested different positions (shut up) and the cart worked in all of them, found a loosey (Lose wire) and re soldered it....and it STILL worked. hoped STRAIGHT to the glue gun and proceeded to OD on the glue. Tested it, still works. I can finally say, that if I get the batteries to work right (again), I will finish this by tonight. Wish me Luck guys :)

Whats up gang. Okay I have a little problem. All wires broke off of the controller (Dangit!)

So I took a picture of the back:

And a picture of the front:

Can anyone give me a pinout? (Red/+5v, Black/Ground, White/Data (Are these correct?)

Plus, where on the motherboard do I connect them?

Pin connections please? Kthnxbai.

Edit: Also, case progress (old. I did this a WHILE ago. Don't worry about the "C" buttons, they press fine and I don't mind if "C up" wiggles a bit).

Does the part in the case work as a controller? That way you could get a feel on playing it.

What are you talking about? :confused: Part in the case? Get a feel? Feel of what? I need pinout from the Superpad 64 plus controller, I don't need to cop a feel of anything :confused:

Sonic4freedom said:
The controller board in the case. Can you connect it to your N64 and use it as a controller, in the case if you get the pinout?Also, use the MegaStickie

Royal said:
Sonic4freedom said:
The controller board in the case. Can you connect it to your N64 and use it as a controller, in the case if you get the pinout?Also, use the MegaStickie
Sonic4freedom said:
Whats up gang. Okay I have a little problem. All wires broke off of the controller (Dangit!)

Sonic4freedom said:
All wires broke off of the controller

Sonic4freedom said:
All wires broke off
:stare:

Can't hook it to ANYTHING until I know the pinout of the controller to put the wires back on.

i think the controller is ground, white , red. its not that hard to figure out. just try combinations until it works.

Problem fixed, solution archived and diagram made. That wont be happening again. Oh, but knowing my luck, its time for the new problem of the week. The contact area for the "B" button broke completely off, so now the whole controller is bad. I plan on ordering another one and just wiring the controls to the new board (carefully this time). I'll take a pic of it later if anyone has a way of getting around it. Everything is coming together, little by little. though there was MUCH opposition, everything went better than expected :)

Just scratch a little green off of the trace going to the contact and solder to that.

The controller is still good.

Bud, Jesus of Modretro.

Now, I hooked up the batteries, the controller and the screen. Everything worked.
Trimmed the board, everything worked. But when I ripped of the power switch, and soldered 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 7&8 I hooked up the batteries, the screen turned on but I got nothing. Did I solder the wrong pins? Help me out.

You soldered them correctly, but a few pics would better help to solve your problem.

if that doesnt work just wire the 12v to the 5v regulator ground to ground and scratch off some green stuff on the 3.3v trace and solder to that.

Okay gang, I think I know what I did wrong. When I soldered the pins, I bridged, with wires, 2&3 and 6&7. Did that short the system?

Back