NintenGO 64

*Ignore the Gamecube stick*

That is the stock joystick with the SuperPad

And below is how I wired up my Playstation joystick:

Ok This should be right:

The reason your controller is not working right with your PS2 stick is due to the resistance used on PS2 sticks. A Pot can resist it more making it actually work. In the case that resistance on a PS2 stick is lower than the N64, this theory will work, if not there is a some converter board somewhere. By adjusting the pot, you can fine tune the resistance on the stick and your controller should work. As far as I know this theory has not been tested but I will try to soon. That Being said:
5061771420_e076568d84.jpg

Good Luck,

Ian

I thought about that too toast. I mean, Marios moves, he just moves slow in some directions. Imma switch axis's and see what happens

Ok, I didn't even think of that! Anyway if it doesn't work you should use the second one. I like that type better. They will both work but the second one is smaller and cheaper. :)

I don't know why it's not working. My SuperPad Plus worked with both a Playstation and an XBOX joystick. No resistors. If you're sure your wiring is correct, there are a few things that might keep it from working. Cold or bad solder joints- remember it is a variable resistor so it's sensitive to that sort of thing. The wires may have come loose from the board. Check for shorts, as always. Those will definitely keep it from working. I'd say change the stick but you already tried that.

This has potential to rival the bentomo's 64BOY and ShockSlayer's TriSixtyFource! It's incredible! Can't wait to see it finished man.

XCVG said:
I don't know why it's not working. My SuperPad Plus worked with both a Playstation and an XBOX joystick. No resistors. If you're sure your wiring is correct, there are a few things that might keep it from working. Cold or bad solder joints- remember it is a variable resistor so it's sensitive to that sort of thing. The wires may have come loose from the board. Check for shorts, as always. Those will definitely keep it from working. I'd say change the stick but you already tried that.

Have you seen how I wired it? Have you seen anything wring? Anyway, I'm going to re-solder the connections. Look at my wiring diagram and tell me if I wired it wrong, and again, thank you for all of your help. I'm not finishing this project until I can get this joystick to behave.

It's a bit big, but it'll do the job. After you get it set to 3.3V (a little under is better, and DO IT WITH A MULTIMETER, NOT HOOKED UP TO THE N64), put some hotglue or superglue on the pot to keep it at the correct voltage.

For your joystick problem:
On his analog stick guide said:
Analog sticks that work with yobo/retrobit controllers
---------------------------------------
1. official gamecube analogstick and c-stick
2. official wii classic controller analogstick
3. official wii nunchuck controller attachment analogstick
4. official ps2 analogstick

Analog sticks that work with superpad plus controllers
-----------------------------------------------
1. official gamecube Analogstick and c-stick
2. official wii classic controller Analogstick

Analog sticks that work with superpad controllers
-----------------------------------------------
1. official gamecube analogstick and c-stick
2. official ps2 analogstick

Notice that it doesn't say PS2 stick in SuperPad Plus.

PS joysticks work. I don't know what you're doing wrong. Maybe you just got the stick too hot or abused it or damaged it somehow? Are you sure that it's centered when starting up?

PS2 joysticks should work. They are the 2nd best (xbox is 1st :)) I would like to see you use the Ps2 joystick because those are EPIC.
- Ian

Back