Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

Well, everyone says they get the rotary tool for like 14 bucks at target or walmart, but all I see are $50 dollars ones?

Wait for a sale, I got one from Canadian Tire for $9. It's a piece of crap though, so you might want something better.

These are some random questions, but can you change my name from designer noob to something else or do I have to make a new account?
Second, I am like 100% sure this is a no, but has any one ever tooken one of these portables on a plane ride? I am quessing they won't let you becasue they don't know what the heck you did. This is kind of a stupid question, but I am asking anyways.

I know Ben has taken one of his portables. I think the guy behind the dreamcast tablet did too. If you intend to do that make sure it's not clear, and make it look professional.

yeah, becasue I know they can take it away. If I lose the portable all the money is gone down the drain.

I am going to call the airport and ask about taking it becasue if they say no, then there is no chance.

If any one as experience on this it would nice to hear about it. Thanks.

designer noob said:
yeah, becasue I know they can take it away. If I lose the portable all the money is gone down the drain.

I am going to call the airport and ask about taking it becasue if they say no, then there is no chance.

If any one as experience on this it would nice to hear about it. Thanks.
I haz on exp with it, but if you're polite and clearly show them what it is, I'm sure they'll have no problems with it. And, if you desperately want your name changed, PM an admin about it. :)

be very careful about taking portables on planes. A member on benheck(was it sonyportabliezer?) made an atari flashback portable and it got confiscated. Plus, do not use nicd or nimh batteries. Not even f they are internal. They look too much like dynamite sticks.

themadhacker said:
be very careful about taking portables on planes. A member on benheck(was it sonyportabliezer?) made an atari flashback portable and it got confiscated. Plus, do not use nicd or nimh batteries. Not even f they are internal. They look too much like dynamite sticks.
yeah sony's NES portable got confiscated. :evil: those airport Playstations! :lol: I'm going to try and take a portable on a plane someday, mainly for teh lulz.

bacteria said:
It is understandable - see it from the airport's view - in comes a complete stranger, with a box full of wires and batteries and things they don't understand - they will think it is a bomb for sure, especially as they are so very paranoid these days.

Fixed!

XCVG said:
bacteria said:
It is understandable - see it from the airport's view - in comes a complete stranger, with a box full of wires and batteries and things they don't understand - they will think it is a bomb for sure, especially as they are so very paranoid these days.

Fixed!
Yes, they're paranoid, with good reason, it's so easy to sneak a bomb on a plane, especially if the people trying to sneak the bomb on don't look like the *"shoebomber" but look like an average american. And, when I was traveling to Pennsylvania this christmas, somebody got their xbox 360 confiscated as a potential bomb. :wtf:

*the shoebomber is an inside joke between me and my sister about this kid at our church who is of arabian decent and has this dirty stache going on. I think there was a real shoebomber though.

bacteria said:
There was a real shoebomber on an aircraft a while back. He had explosive and fuse in his shoe, but when on board, didn't have a lighter or match, so, get this: he asked the guy next to him for a light while pointing to his shoe! :thick: The passenger next to the shoebomber managed to overcome him when he realised what was going on! :rolls:
Told you that it was easy to sneak bombs on airplanes :lol:

The problem with all the security paranoia is that IT DOESN'T WORK. It only hassles honest people. It will still be possible to get bombs on airplanes, to smuggle marijuana across the border, etc. Same thing with DRM. It alienates consumers while pirates buy their copy of AnyDVD and go on their way.

We're getting off topic though, so I'll shut up now.

The yellow piece is DC in so, I am quessing the batteries hook up to the yellow piece. You then said when you flip the converter you will see that it matches up with the postitive and negative which it did. So, my question really is does power go to the yellow thing and then red and black to the gameboy advance.

These should be my couple last questions. I want to know how to do everything perfectly when my N64 gets here so, then I can hook it all up really fast. A couple last questions might pop into my head as I wait.

Update: I know that circuit board can't just or they might short each other out, but you want everything as close as it can be. So, what do you put in between circuit board so they do not touch but stay very close together.

P7021264-1.jpg

These are the wires that connect to my fan. The two sockets circled in black and be taken off? The one circled in green are the wires for power and all I need to do is hook it up directly two the battery pretty much becasue it takes a max of 12v right?

P7071316-1-1.jpg

hook the two skinny wires directly to your power, as long as you aren't using a battery > 12v. It should be happy at whatever voltage you give it between 3v and 12v.

I was wondering what do you add to a portable so, you can charge the batteries while the system in on?

Full recharge circuit built in so you can charge while you play stated by techknott

Back