Nintendo64/Gameboy advance

A zenith screen so, same as Psone.

Well, I bypassed the fuse and my screen powers on, but all it really does is flicker. Before the screen turned white why isn't it doesn't that any more?

Check if your LCD ribbon cable is inserted properly. Now, first of all, this will be an expensive (if you choose so) or frustrating project. Making a double portable is very tough due to the buttons having to be shared. Ben used a IC, most people use switches. I have more to say, but I have to get off ;)

lol, I am already going on to almost 350 dollars, but I bought a lot of games in the process. I still have spent huge amounts of money anyway. Well, I tried my screen again and all I get is like a really bright black screen when looking straight down upon the screen. But, if I level my head with the acreen top it looks more white. That means its no signal so, my Nintendo 64 is fried right?

designer noob said:
lol, I am already going on to almost 350 dollars, but I bought a lot of games in the process. I still have spent huge amounts of money anyway. Well, I tried my screen again and all I get is like a really bright black screen when looking straight down upon the screen. But, if I level my head with the acreen top it looks more white. That means its no signal so, my Nintendo 64 is fried right?

Not necessarily. It may be sleeping

I look into sleeping, but I very much dought it with the way I was handing the N64 board in the very beginning of the project.

Well, I am going to work on the GBA until I get a N64 replacement. I will post pictures for the converter and GBA hook up within a day or so.

Also, bacteria what was the dimensions on your bigboy that held the GBA and Nintendo 64? I am about to make the case and I need the dimensions for my case becasue mine can't be smaller than yours.

Update: I would find this, but don't want to go through your 35pg thread.

When I relocate the cartridge slot the wires are very stiff. I have gone to many Radioshack stores and they don't have anything more flexible. I was wondering where you guys bought your wire to relocate the cart.

Update: I found the wire you are suppse to use.

Second, where did you guys buy 22 gauge shrinking tube once again radioshack doesn't have any or they come in a assortment.

kk, well if I were to make the case 5.5inch wide,10in long, and 2inch thick do you think everything would fit?

Also, on ebay everything comes in mm or 1/8 so, I have no clue which one to get. What is the diameter or fraction measurement for wire that is 22 gauge or 24 gauge.

It says like 3/32 or 1/16, just making sure that correct.

So, there are six wires in the first and third picture.
Black- I am quessing as ground
green- no clue (quessing RBG)
blue- no clue (quessing RBG)
yellow- composite video
orange- no clue (no quess) maybe left audio (suppose to be white)
red- right audio

In, the second picture there are two wires red and black. I am quessing red power and black negative. You said it takes 5v for the Ti card to work. So, can't I use a pth0800 to regulate the power down to 5v and then add no resistor.
P7021262-1-1.jpg
P7021264-1.jpg
P7021263-1-1.jpg

I might be getting this wrong, but Red, green, blue, and s are all used for RGB. Then, there are only two wires left orange and black to hook up to the screen when using composite. Black being ground and orange being something.

I am first using composite and then RGB becasue you said to test composite first before wiring RGB.

The red and black wire are postitive and negative on the Ti card correct. THe ones that are off on thier own? Also, I don't have to put it through a regulator just connect to the battery?

To hook the GBA just hook a wire to the positive and negative on the circuit board right?

sorry, but I rather be 100% sure can't mess this one up.

P7021264-1.jpg

In, this picture there are two wires red and black are they power?

Also, when you open up the GBA where you use to put the batteries in is where the wires for the power go right?

oh ok, then I can just hook up my batteries directly(without going through the pth0800) to those wires and the converter will regulate the current to the GBA and it self.

I will be hooking everything up for real in a couple of days and I was wondering sometimes the wires have to break into two or three wires. If you just put solder on the connection they won't hold that well. You also can't put shrinking tube on it. So, I was wondering what do you use that secures the three or four way connect wire? I was thinking you could cut a little more of the wire off and twist them together, but I don't think that would work. It still would be to large.

You take them, twist them together, solder them, and then put heatshrink over the thing.

Sorry, waiting for heat shrinks, and N64. I wan't to do everything perfectly this time. I will be posting tons of updates in the next couple of days when I get those items. My portable should be done by the end of the month or maybe earlier if everything goes right.

Today, I am going to get a rotational cutting saw and I was wondering are any alright to use?
I know it should be diamond covered.
Should there be a certain amount of speed or size of the saw or will I need more than just one size?

Why don't you get a dremel tool? Those can be rotary saws, drills, nearly anything! I have one and I totally recommend it.

Back