NEW Modretro Podcast 6 - LISTEN NOW

kylechu

SHISHAY.

Mario, whenever you get a headset and are around when we do one. We kinda halfway scheduled it, just keep up with the thread. When do you want to do one? Hopefully Zero can make it too.

Kylechu, give me some feedback on my performance, and how I basically threw topics from the thread while Thursty did most of the hosting. :dah:

SS

Arrrgggg,aklsjdaldhkasdhjsadf..... You guys make me feel like I'm ancient (and I'm not even THAT old).... When I was 6 this was freshly released... I still have my original copy of this AND the adventure of link, both gold cart versions bought by me with my allowance money.

51cWpNCgoBL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Please tell me you guys have at least played this.. In my eyes, you can no be Zelda fan without.

No self-respecting gamer hasn't played the original Zelda. In addition to my gold NES carts of the first two, I recently downloaded them from the eShop for the Ambassador Program. Fourth Dungeon in Zelda 1 (I sorta stopped because I have no bombs or rupees left. I forgot how hard it is to collect items in that one) and I'm just about done with the second-to-last dungeon in Zelda 2.

SS, I think you did a good job hosting. You didn't seem to keep it as focused as I would try to (without focus, you get the e3 podcast) though. Any issue with the podcast came down to a lack of topics.

I think the main difference is just that I record for longer and then edit more things out. This felt a lot more casual, which has its pros and cons.

Bottom line, while I'd prefer to have an SS / Kylechu hosting bro-team, I feel totally comfortable with a ShockSlayer-made podcast. In the future though if you edit another one, make it 64kbps and mono so I don't have to convert it later. I'm more then happy to deal with meta-tag stuff though (since it takes all of a few minutes).

Aight. Also, give me some numbers for the truncation of the silences, I kinda just guessed on that.

Final raw podcast was like, 55ish minutes I think.

Will do on the formatting and junk.

Guys, what made it possible to even have a podcast was the topics, otherwise you would've had me and thursty talking about random stuff, mostly ponies, or it would always come back to ponies. *horse noises*

SO GIVE US TOPICS YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT. ANYTHING.

SS

I don't have hard numbers for the truncate silences. I just mess with it until it sounds right.

Typical podcasts run by me are 90 minutes to 2 hours raw cut down to about 20 minutes. That seems to produce the best results.

Kyllllllllllllleeeeeeeee

member all those topics and breakdowns for podcasts we talked about????

Post all that sheet here. Right now. :awesome:

Topic: Are video games art, why is popular perception that they're not, and has gaming storytelling evolved enough to be even close to storytelling in other mediums?

ShockSlayer said:
ShockSlayer Unabridged: Podcast Edition - ShockSlayer talks about people's projects and what he thinks of them.

SS
I'm down for that. I love voicing my opinions.

ShockSlayer said:
ShockSlayer Unabridged: Podcast Edition - ShockSlayer talks about people's projects and what he thinks of them.

SS
sounds like Angry Video Game Nerd has got some competition.

Talking about projects and modding stuff ends up being less interesting then you'd think it would.

Back