N64p kit discussion (Split)

Status
Not open for further replies.
robm said:
I fully oppose any kind of leadership change at this time, mainly due to the fact that I feel it's completely unnecessary, and not based on who I think should (or shouldn't) run the site.

Basically why i think this whole argument has been silly. Thank you for that post, It really summed up what I've been failing miserably to get across.

Mr. Hooker said:
Proposal of another (Split) in this topic, or perhaps a renaming. For obvious reasons.
This, and move it to spamalot so non-members can't see it.

Also, I agree with robm.

bud said:
Mr. Hooker said:
Proposal of another (Split) in this topic, or perhaps a renaming. For obvious reasons.

Also, I agree with robm.

Weird, I was almost sure I moved it to Spamalot. Doing that now.

EDIT: Just checked the moderator log, SS moved it from Spamalot to F47. Not sure why he did that, we all seem to agree that keeping this private is the right call. :confused:

nC04V.jpg

PalmerTech said:
bud said:
Mr. Hooker said:

Also, I agree with robm.

Weird, I was almost sure I moved it to Spamalot. Doing that now.

EDIT: Just checked the moderator log, SS moved it from Spamalot to F47. Not sure why he did that, we all seem to agree that keeping this private is the right call. :confused:

Oh, I was showing it to someone. Nobody important to you, don't worry about it.

And if I'm leaving, I'm not keeping it private, sorry.

SS

Because only wants to stay if he can have full ownership of ModRetro.

I proposed joint ownership, he said no. I proposed turning MR into an LLC and putting it into the hands of a board comprised of senior members, so that no one person has ultimate power, and he said no. I offered to give him full authority over the forum with freedom to do whatever he wants as long as I own the actual modretro.com domain name, and he said no to that too. I did not threaten SS with demotion, nor do I want him to leave, but he wants me to hand over MR without even consulting the members, and I just can't do that.

I have offered twice now to have a poll seeing if people want him to own MR, because I want whatever is best for the community, and if they want SS as admin, I can fully accept that. What I cannot do is give the site to someone without a general consensus from that same community.

ShockSlayer: I can't do certain things because I'm not the end all be all
ShockSlayer: and because I do not manage the finances
ShockSlayer: I can't properly call the site mine
ShockSlayer: and after putting in all this effort
ShockSlayer: I want to
ShockSlayer: so if it's not going to get me anywhere
ShockSlayer: I'm walking.
ShockSlayer: understand?

I don't want SS to leave like he is threatening, nor do I think this has to be an all-or-nothing thing. I did not threaten SS with demotion, and I had nothing to do with the demotion of Beta (I was not even aware of it till just now). As far as I am concerned, SS is still fully fit to be a ModRetro admin, but I can only do so much. Him threatening to leave unless he has full power is going too far, though, and I hope he comes around.

I offered to give him full authority over the forum with freedom to do whatever he wants as long as I own the actual modretro.com domain name, and he said no to that too.
I don't remember that, but whatever.

I asked you to make a poll last night, you didn't want to, but you were okay with having Zero do it. I'm guessing you didn't want to ask him to. You still can make it, you know.

I've pretty much already left, though. I'm honestly just checking back to grab some info on that last commish of mine, and to answer a few PM's which were already in motion before I posted my finished thread.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I'm guessing you didn't want to ask him to. You still can make it, you know.

Bad guess. He was not online, even tried firing a message off in case he was just hiding, but no dice. You can't expect Zero and I to write the poll, like I told you, that would be too biased. You have to be part of the process.

And you really don't remember me saying I would give you full power?

palmertech [KRZ]: So look
palmertech [KRZ]: I am not ambitious enough, apparently
palmertech [KRZ]: I can cede that
palmertech [KRZ]: And you want the power to do what you will with MR
palmertech [KRZ]: On my end
palmertech [KRZ]: I want to remain at least a figurehead, and the guy with the deed
palmertech [KRZ]: Think of it this way
palmertech [KRZ]: I own bare land
palmertech [KRZ]: And we founded a sweet business on it
palmertech [KRZ]: If I lease the land to you, you have freedom to do basically whatever you want with it
palmertech [KRZ]: I still own the land, but you have freedom to do what you want
palmertech [KRZ]: Makes sense?
ShockSlayer: yeah, that is what we have now
ShockSlayer: but eveytime you interject into threads and such
ShockSlayer: if feels like you are the repoman
ShockSlayer: flashing that deed around
palmertech [KRZ]: When have I tried to block an improvement?
palmertech [KRZ]: I don't flash it around at all
ShockSlayer: and I just don't want to live there anymore if that's what I have to wake up to

I don't know how else you could interpret my saying that I want nothing but a figurehead position and the deed (domain).

ShockSlayer: Despite the fact that pretty much everyone is telling me to stay
ShockSlayer: I'm going to walk
ShockSlayer: if you can show me a poll that says otherwise, so be it

Seems like the only way you will stay is if there is a poll kicking me out of power and giving it all to you, I am obviously not going to go orchestrate that, and the only way for the poll to be fair is if you at least gave it a fair chance. Your mind is already made up, and I don't think that MR should be led by someone who only wants to be around if he can be in charge. No way would I be going anywhere, even if there was some kind of coup that took MR away from me. <3

Interpretation is subject to the interpreter, you were not clear enough.

I did not ask "you and Zero." I asked you to have Zero do it, since you did not want to.

The poll, as it has always been, is as to who is more suited to run the site. That's it.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Interpretation is subject to the interpreter, you were not clear enough.

I thought I was clear (Especially in the context of the whole chat, I specifically mentioned the domain several times) and my other two solutions were even better. This needs to be about what is best for MR and what the members want, not about you threatening to leave unless you have absolute power.

I still don't think you have a good reason to go, and my assertion from before still stands. Someone who is willing to walk away from MR when they do not get their way is not someone who should be running MR in the first place.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I read enough after the first few pages. what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* happened modretro? this is no longer the safe, helpful website that was supposed to "coexist" with banheck. I haven't been around enough lately to offer any real advice, but what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. this whole thread is full of butthurt. sometimes people just outgrow stuff. Maybe you should walk SS, the way you're acting, it would benefit the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back