MR Minecraft Server [ OLD AND LOCKED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MR Minecraft Server

Yay! Guess I don't have to worry about hosting a server anymore. I'm not going to ask how you could afford that rig, though.

Admission fees and pork chop racketeering. :p

(Or maybe a job.)

Already redirected mrminecraft.no-ip.org to Thursty's server, so once he gets it up, everyone should be able to get on with the same address. Thanks again Thursty. :awesome:

XCVG said:
I'm not going to ask how you could afford that rig, though.

Drugs of course.

Got a job for 4 months, got $1800. quit. Bought computer. ????? profit!

The server is currently (FINALLY) being transferred over. Thursty should have control over the server soon.
EDIT: Transfer completed about 7 seconds ago. *waits on Thursty*
serverstatus:
hb.pyc

:D

Connection is strong. don't remember the exact speed, but nobody has lagged so far.

and just to let oyu know, the server is completely up and running, no probs so far.

Added the server IP and some other info to the first post, figured it'd be easier to find the IP for those who haven't yet done so.

EDIT: Wonderful, looks like Notch updated today, only one day after the server got back up. Now its saying the server is outdated when you try to connect.

I like how minecraft gets a major update the day after I get the server working. That's cool. :wtf:

This 7 year old laptop can't even launch Minecraft ;_;

Hey, but at least you don't have to convert the map files. I already did that :D

When did you do that? the update came out today. Whenever I run the nilla 1.3 server software, it spawns me in the middle of butt*Can'tSayThisOnTV* nowhere. seeing as I can't use any plugin commands with nilla, I have no clue where to go. :neutral2:

It's using a mod that's been around awhile. He just built it in, though. Look back about 3 pages to see where I said I did it.

Yea, I'm not sure if it generated a completely new map or just spawned everyone in random places because when you log in, it starts generating chunks around you.

It probably decided to make a new map, then... I'll look some things up for you.

edit:
FUUU yes, it is generating a new world.
The way to fix this is by using regiontool.jar to unpack the files, and then let minecraft repack them. I can only assume this is because the world hates you.
THURSTY- RegionTool.jar and a minireadme for it should be in the folder I sent you.

when i logged on i still had all of my items from when tts hosted. not sure if this helps to know or not. also mobs should be disable, you know?

yeah, items are still going to be there, it's the map files giving issues.
It was agreed that mobs would be enabled once it was running on something that can handle it.

Yea, the only reasons mobs were disabled is because ttsgeb's laptop couldn't run the server as well with them enabled. Even when I was hosting, before health had been implemented, we had passive mobs enabled (and later all mobs when health was fixed). Only issue we need to fix is nerfing creeper explosions with something like WorldGuard once Bukkit works with the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back