MichaelThurston's RCube, Portable Gamecube worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michaelthurston said:
Hey guys just letting you know I will be leaving tomorrow, and coming back sunday.

Its my uncles birthday, and I will be going to visit him for the weekend in Austin.

I will be back on sunday to do some work! :D Later!
:gonk:

Oh come on now, Its not like I can do anything to it right now anyways, Its setting in my workroom, I can't touch it atm :lol:

Plus I need more hot glue, paint, etc.

ShockSlayer said:
hailrazer said:
A system with a car battery is in NO way a portable. Sorry SS that means you are out.

Also as I mentioned techscreen19, with the batteries he is using he will get a little over 6 hours not 9. ;)

Oh, trust me: it counts. You want it to count.

Webster's defines portable as: "capable of being carried or moved about"

Each one of my Car battery WiiP's had a handle, and were capable of being carried, and were moved frequently during each of the trips. They were battery powered, had a screen, ect.

If you want to get technical, then I'll pull Bibin in here and he can explain why every portable you have ever built should be called a "luggable" and not a portable. ;) I actually built an n64p that could fit in my pocket, so...beat that.

SS

You're wrong I'm right.

Beat that. :tophat:

NO_U-KEN.png

SS

Serving up some Shoulder buttons! :D

This method was fairly easy and works! So no complaints here. :o

2010-03-01173510.jpg

2010-03-01173533.jpg

2010-03-01173522.jpg

2010-03-01173459.jpg

Inside!:
2010-03-01175429.jpg

Where's the tact switch that is pushed when the button is completely pressed?

Is that the round thing at the bottom?

that looks like sechks with palmer.

oh, and nice shoulder buttons, beautiful shockslayer style.

Upadates soon, Bondoing/sanding the back, and figuring out what to do about a heatsink/fan...

Lets all pretend its done! :D

2010-03-03194739.jpg

2010-03-03194747.jpg

2010-03-03194752.jpg

2010-03-03194757.jpg

I KNOW THE SPEAKER HOLES ARENT PERFECT, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Geez..I don't know how I'm going to fit everything into this case guys..the insides are already an inch too thick for the case..

On the bottom I have the screen, Then I have my batts, 3 li-po cells, and then the Massive GC heatsink, GC mobo, and DD mobo

Guys I have to be honest with you all, I really need some help here, I've been straining my mind as to how I'm going to get all of this to fit.

I still need to find a spot for the fan, and so far there isn't really any room for it.

This is really stressing me out. I'm all upside down about this...
halp_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back