MichaelThurston's RCube, Portable Gamecube worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea the 9800mAh batteries. Cool :)

But an N64 with expansion pack draw 1.2a and a led modded screen 400mA for a total draw of 1.6A.
So those batteries will last 6.125 hours.

Probably the longest lasting N64 portable yet :)

hailrazer said:
Oh yea the 9800mAh batteries. Cool :)

But an N64 with expansion pack draw 1.2a and a led modded screen 400mA for a total draw of 1.6A.
So those batteries will last 6.125 hours.

Probably the longest lasting N64 portable yet :)

That would be an interesting goal that most portablizers seem to ignore: trying to make a portable with the longest battery life for that system.

I think ShockSlayer has that category covered, as he built a "portable" with a CAR BATTERY!

Michaelthurston said:
(It has around 9 hours of good play time)
fghcgjh.jpg

HOLY flax! 9 HOURS?!? :eek:

EDIT:
6 HOURS?!?

A system with a car battery is in NO way a portable. Sorry SS that means you are out.

Also as I mentioned techscreen19, with the batteries he is using he will get a little over 6 hours not 9. ;)

As for the batteries in THIS portable, I do not remember the mAh Rating, I will need to find the page.

Small update. All controls are in place, and I've figured out a way to do my shoulder buttons! :awesome:

2010-02-24182839.jpg

TechScreen19 said:
I hope they are comfortable to use.

They are, But I can't put them on until I get more hot glue. Which I don't have the money for atm XD

hailrazer said:
A system with a car battery is in NO way a portable. Sorry SS that means you are out.

Also as I mentioned techscreen19, with the batteries he is using he will get a little over 6 hours not 9. ;)

Oh, trust me: it counts. You want it to count.

Webster's defines portable as: "capable of being carried or moved about"

Each one of my Car battery WiiP's had a handle, and were capable of being carried, and were moved frequently during each of the trips. They were battery powered, had a screen, ect.

If you want to get technical, then I'll pull Bibin in here and he can explain why every portable you have ever built should be called a "luggable" and not a portable. ;) I actually built an n64p that could fit in my pocket, so...beat that.

SS

Hey guys just letting you know I will be leaving tomorrow, and coming back sunday.

Its my uncles birthday, and I will be going to visit him for the weekend in Austin.

I will be back on sunday to do some work! :D Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back