AG-64p Worklog, snowpenguin's first portable

Re: Clear64 WIP, snowpenguin's first portable! NEED HELP PG. 4!

At school we use this methyl hydrate (I think) stuff to glue plastic together. I think it actually welds the plastic, but it's kinda hard to use since it's really liquidy and has almost zero tack. Check it out, it's probably in the solvent section.

Be careful with methyl hydrate though, because its other use is for its flammability. ;)

Any progress? I wantz to see it! :)

Well, today I cut the holes for the front and tried to glue the front and sides together using some epoxy, but it turns out the stuff sets in 60 seconds so I pretty much killed the tips for the applicator. So I'll have to go to Ace HArdware tomorrow and get something a little longer setting.

Wow, 60 second epoxy? I want, I want!

I got the 60 second stuff at Ace Hardware. Don't get it unless you have one big gigantic line that needs to be repaired or you have the ability to keep dispensing the stuff. It's self mixing, brand is Devcon or something.

It sets inside the mixing tube in like 30 seconds, at which point it becomes useless and you have to use another tube, and it only comes with two. :wtf:

I got the same stuff but 5 minute set now, hopefully this will work better.

Had same problem with 5 minute stuff. Went back and got 3 tubes of 60 second again.

This stuff made a huge mess and some of it even leaked to the outside. Apparently I'll be painting then. Oh well.

Might sell this once it's done to get money for PS3 laptop. Guy on BH wants one.

Working on cart relocation.

snowpenguin said:
Might sell this once it's done to get money for PS3 laptop. Guy on BH wants one.

Wait, so your next project is going to be a PS3 laptop, when you had to get a pre-relocated cart slot N64 mailed to you for this one? Good luck with that... :neutral2:

Basement_Modder said:
snowpenguin said:

Wait, so your next project is going to be a PS3 laptop, when you had to get a pre-relocated cart slot N64 mailed to you for this one? Good luck with that... :neutral2:

LOL. Actually, I've finally figured out why all my n64s besides one fried. Dust. DUST!

And on the PS3, I actually really won't be relocating much. IT's kind of like putting stuff in a box and plugging cords together. If I can get away with it I could use an actual HDMI cord to connect PS3 to screen! :dah:

snowpenguin said:
If I can get away with it I could use an actual HDMI cord to connect PS3 to screen! :dah:
Thats what ben did on the slim laptop. :rofl:

Except Ben wired in 3 wires for power and soldered to the screen end for it.

I'll probably just do a PS2 laptop and buy a ps3. I need to finish Clear64 then sell it to make money for a PS2 laptop then when I have more skills come back and make the best N64p evar.

LOL! I honestly don't think that dust ruined your n64's. I've had some n64's out of their cases for months, and probably some over a year, and they work fine. :hand:

Well, was going off of what jlee said about dust, and it really depends what kind of crap you have floating around your house, and whether or not it manages to find your n64, and whether or not you clean it before turning it on again.

Let's see, dog and cat hair, PCB dust, and grain bugs floating around our house. Most of it ends up in our basement, and I don't clean my n64's. I must be extremely lucky.

No updates? You're not being a quitter, are you? :p

If it ain't working, and you got spare cash, buy another n64 in the meanwhile to test with. I wantz to see first portable completed!!!one!

Meh, I'm just lazy and don't bother updating.

Over the course of a long time the casing has shifted from that flax plexi case to an AG-85, which is pretty small.

Right now I'm working on fitting everything, I'll need to get those slim joysticks which are coming in the mail soon and also need to see what I can do about the cartridge. I don't like it sticking out on the back at all, too thick for my tastes and the way I hold the case gets in the way. I'm trying to get it so I can fit the cartridge on the top, but that seems to require RCP wiring the cart slot which I'm currently doing on a spare n64, got 5 wires done so far. :dah:

Would you consider using the batteries that Hailraizer links to in his li-po tut? They're only 7mm thick. Two of them give you 7.4v at 4700 mah, enough for (I think?) two and a half hours.

EDIT: You might want to change the title of your worklog, since your case has changed and you don't seem to have the same problem from page 4.

I already have some lipos, and they are even thinner than the ones you speak of. 7.4v 4200 mAh

Back