AG-64p Worklog, snowpenguin's first portable

Re: ZN-40 N64p Worklog, snowpenguin's first portable! 56k FAIL

MIGHTY PUTTY! The power of Billy Mays compels you!

not a big purchase, though. epoxy is pretty cheap, and you can even buy mighty putty at Wallgreens.

If you can't find any mighty putty, go for j-b weld, it's really good stuff. It's also an epoxy with only one type so you don't get confused as to which one to buy.

There's a difference between epoxy putty (mighty putty) and epoxy adhesive (jb weld). In my opinion, it's much easier to mold and sand epoxy putties.

I use jb weld all the time as a filler. I didn't know there was a difference. I sand it down and it's perfectly smooth. It was easier for me to sand than bondo was that I used to use.

ShockSlayer said:
Yeah, but its going to be a very tight space(ZN-40), and the batteries and n64 generate heat. Maybe not enough to make it melt, but it will soften it, and then....

I'm trying to keep you from making the same mistakes I did, use epoxy! :D

SS

Dude, we both live in AZ; it's almost crazy to use hot glue for anything structural here. That is unless you never really take it outside.

Nice case though.

I'll probably end up getting some mighty putty. Those who have used it, how well does it hold up if used to hold things together? Wood and plastic?

Use quicksteel. Its mighty putty, but reenforced with steel, and less then 1/4 of the price! (Available at walmart.)

Well I looked at walmart.com and it's not there. Enlighten me.

SS BORKED MY SIG

Alright, it seems my sig problem is being taken care of now.

On a lighter note, jlee says my n64 with relocated cart slot ought to arrive today, yay!

Now all I'm waiting on is the LEDs from epicelite for the psone screen.

Does anybody know where I can find this quicksteel stuff locally, or if I should just go with mighty putty instead?

snowpenguin said:
Alright, it seems my sig problem is being taken care of now.

On a lighter note, jlee says my n64 with relocated cart slot ought to arrive today, yay!

Now all I'm waiting on is the LEDs from epicelite for the psone screen.

Does anybody know where I can find this quicksteel stuff locally, or if I should just go with mighty putty instead?

You can find quicksteel in the automotive section at walmart. Don't worry if it's not on the site. If you can't get it, mighty putty is fine. I like it, it's pretty cool.

Alright, update here.

I'm pretty sure I'll be ditching the zn-40 and going for a clear plex design, which means I'll have to find some glue to do the job that is clear as well. I got the n64 with relocated cart slot from jlee and soon fried it, somehow, some way. Now I've got my last n64 and have taken jlee's slot and put it on this one. It works.

I got a test setup, with the screen and the console running on battery. I turn it all on, and the screen's backlight comes on, the n64 comes on, but the screen only displays some faint vertical lines that flicker ever so slightly. I need help with this one.

My plex will probably come from Tibs.

Help!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the new name will be the C64p for, you guessed it, the Clear64 Portable.

snowpenguin said:
Forgot to mention, the new name will be the C64p for, you guessed it, the Clear64 Portable.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

People will think it's a Commodore64 Portable.

Re: C64p Worklog, snowpenguin's first portable! NEED HELP PG. 4!

AfroLH said:
snowpenguin said:
Forgot to mention, the new name will be the C64p for, you guessed it, the Clear64 Portable.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

People will think it's a Commodore64 Portable.
rofl, when i first saw the title i assumed it actually was a Commodore 64 and I think T64 has been taken by kibble's tiny 64,
i dont think i64 has been used yet, i mean theres already an i touch, i phone, i river, i pod.....(i= invisible 64 (?)).

Re: C64p Worklog, snowpenguin's first portable! NEED HELP PG. 4!

Maybe I just won't shorten it then. Yes T64 is Kibble's name.

Another update, I sat there for ten minutes turning the system on and off slowly, and eventually the screen started working. Eventually.

But after I turned it off, all it does now when I turn it on is the backlight comes on but nothing on the screen. I'm guessing that maybe the battery isn't able to pull the amps, so I will see how it goes after it is backlighted.

Re: Clear64 WIP, snowpenguin's first portable! NEED HELP PG. 4!

Finish before kibble and name yours T64. It's what people get for procrastination.

Back