WiiPad - Wii inside a Wii U Gamepad

Bush

sweet justice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13021&start=0
Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/OwsF5
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyP8_zxr5Gk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs

5200mAh Li-ion @14.8v (3-4 hours)
6.2" LCD
Internal Gamecube Controller (analog and digital shoulder buttons)
WASP Fusion for SD loading (WKF clone)
Soft-modded with WiiFlow upon boot (GC controller support)
32gb SD for Gamecube titles
64gb SD for Wii titles
4gb SD for homebrew and emulators
Dual Gamecube memory card slots

Thank you Megalomaniac for your help, as well as Bentomo and Ashen for documentation.

rLDeUsFl.jpg

6AkuD7wl.jpg

nHdzlCMl.jpg

Tf5extNl.jpg

oJ3ofnpl.jpg

YFYnU8Il.jpg

VyClPM4l.jpg

Wow, I don't know how I had no idea you were working on this, but awesome job Bush. This is really nice.

If you get annoyed by having to go though all those settings to switch from GC to Wii I can guide you on how to just use WiiFlow or Cfg USB Loader to do it all via software instead of the WiiKey.

Thanks man! I did intend to load everything via software initially but ran into a lot of problems, especially with Dios Mios. I also would have had to keep the driver board for the disc drive in order to load games at all. The WASP was just an easy, stable solution to those problems. At least it should be more reliable. If I ever mess with the Wii again I'll take you up. Unfortunately a lot of software isn't hosted properly anymore, nor well documented.

Nice work, Bush.

Also, if you do look at using software to load, take a look at Nintendont as it's really coming along these days. It hasn't reached Devolution level yet, but it is a nice wii-mode gamecube loader without disc verification.

I actually gave that a try, although that was probably 2 months ago. Has it really come that far? I should probably mention that this was a commission, I'm not keeping this.

Yeah, GC usb loading has come far, but it's not as good as the WiiKey just yet. I'd just keep using the WiiKey for GC games, and then use a USB Loader for Wii games, since that's pretty much perfected.

I guess if it's a commission though it's better to leave it up to them, since I know some people don't like messing around with CIOSs.

I somehow lost a board from a cios issue so that was a big part of it. At least wii DDs are worth a bit on ebay! I went through 3 boards...

Bush said:
I somehow lost a board from a cios issue so that was a big part of it. At least wii DDs are worth a bit on ebay! I went through 3 boards...
How'd you lose a board with a cios? Did you not make a backup of the NAND from BootMii first?

I did, but after flashing a cios somehow I lost access to HBC, sysmenu, Priiloader, everything. I couldn't access bootmii at all. Pretty sure something made Priiloader break sysmenu, because I couldn't even get that to load without the SD.

He could have overwritten the system menu IOS instead of using an empty slot.

It was the right slot, but it gave me an error. Exited d2x and everything was *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed.

Those sdcard slots are so funny, I never thought I would see the Wasp case used like that hahah good job man nice resourcefulness and a great portable.

Back