Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS

DK  said:
Guessing this is the reason Megaman wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Think I'll be sticking to Playstation Allstars for my Vita though.

Allstars was cool for a bit, but it just doesn't have that lasting appeal that Smash Bros has, and frankly it's just not as fun. It's a good effort by Sony, but they need to fix up some things for the next entry if they want it to be better than Smash.

Zero said:
DK  said:
Guessing this is the reason Megaman wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Think I'll be sticking to Playstation Allstars for my Vita though.

Allstars was cool for a bit, but it just doesn't have that lasting appeal that Smash Bros has, and frankly it's just not as fun. It's a good effort by Sony, but they need to fix up some things for the next entry if they want it to be better than Smash.

What was wrong with it? I'm actually very curious. I've spent so much time playing and analyzing smash bros games, so I'm interested in how All Stars was different. Not to mention I'm thinking about getting a Vita in the future.

I was OK with All-stars, but then I saw that the gameplay looks like a carbon copy of Smash. It just screams to me "I'M A RIPOFF"

Other than that, the only way to kill someone is by using super-moves, and I heard it's hard to keep track of your character on the Vita, which Smash fixes on by using outlines on the 3DS

Don't give me that look. Mewtwo is statistically the top requested character for SSB4, he's coming back and he's kicking Lucario in the nuts fo sho. ;)

SS

Majora said:
Mewthree.
mewtwo-2.png

final smash maybe? cuz it would suck if he always looked that stupid.

ShockSlayer said:
sonictimm said:
final smash maybe? cuz it would suck if he always looked that stupid.

That's what I was thinking.

SS
fine, I'll accept that mewtwo will probably be coming back, but if Nintendo even puts something like that in the game, it will probably be an assist trophy or a pokeball, not a final smash.

Alternate forms are a final smash type thing, really. Sonic does it, it's great excuse for Mewtwo to do it, if the form can fly around like mad and wreck havoc, I don't see what makes more sense and is relevant in current Nintendo. The form looks fairly aerodynamic.

SS

They officially announced that there will be no tripping in this new game! :p
and on a side note, did you notice the dodging is even faster and smoother than Melee's? its definitely gonna be better than Brawl.

sonictimm said:
They officially announced that there will be no tripping in this new game! :p
YES! No more stupid deaths from tripping! :D
sonictimm said:
and on a side note, did you notice the dodging is even faster and smoother than Melee's? its definitely gonna be better than Brawl.
:eek:

We now also have Sonic ( :mrgreen: ), Luigi and Peach (obviously), Toon Link (who sadly still does not have fire arrows like in Project M), and a colorful Marth (FINALLY!).

Sakurai says: The pace of the game will be somewhere between Melee and Brawl.
also, he didn't like the subspace emissary very much so probably no more of that

But on the bright side, we have seen footage of sonic running thru some zone and Mario jumping thru some world, so my guess is that the Adventure mode will be catered to each individual character, i.e. Link goes thru hyrule, Samus explores Tallon IV, etc. which would be pretty cool.

I hope they don't make unlocking characters too time-consuming on the next game, I only really like this game in multiplayer and having to play 20 hour campaigns to unlock people is annoying.

Every Smash brothers lets you unlock character via multiplayer games played as well as story. So if you play enough with your friends you can unlock everyone without touching the single player.

Zero said:
Every Smash brothers lets you unlock character via multiplayer games played as well as story. So if you play enough with your friends you can unlock everyone without touching the single player.

So I played that boring ass single player thing for no reason?

Ah *Can'tSayThisOnTV* man.

True. But Something official I think will have a much bigger impact than a mod. Especially with new game mechanics, speed differences from brawl, ect.

Back