Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS

Mr.Mike

As of today, in a new nintendo direct, a trailer for super smash brothers was reviled showing two newcomers of mega-man and a villager from animal crossing.
Also, nintendo also announced that the wii fit trainer will also be a playable character...my reaction to this was actually disbelief because I am wondering, just as anyone, why nintendo would place a character with no name and an unpopular franchise (Amoung children and teens) into the SSB game. However, I am personally excited for both of these (Wii u and 3ds versions) games and plan on getting both of them! What are your thoughts on this game? Character suggestions, predictions, possible DLC, etc.

First trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU

Mega-Man trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2KNyaoNV4

Trainer trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

I don't get why they added her, but I love it! I think it's funny and I feel like she is going to be one of those really cheap players with great attacks.

I don't know what the deal is with the Trainer, it will probably be one of those nobody-takes-her-seriously-but-she's-actually-ok characters like Mr. Game and Watch. Anyway, The First and Mega Man trailers got me so hyped up I made a wallpaper to celebrate it:
Super+Smash+Bros+4+Background+Wallpaper+E3+2013.jpg

Mega Man ROCKS!!

I'll be getting the 3DS version. Don't have the want for a Wii U until they're dirt cheap. I like the graphics style of the 3DS too. Looks very "Borderlands" IMO. I really really REALLY hope they don't have version exclusive characters. I hate that.

They always include a whacky out of nowhere character (ie:Game & Watch, ROB) and Wii Fit Trainer is just the one for this game.

Megaman is someone a lot of people wanted, and I'm interested to see how he plays since apparently the vast majority of his moves are long range.

Fluxedo said:
I'll be getting the 3DS version. Don't have the want for a Wii U until they're dirt cheap. I like the graphics style of the 3DS too. Looks very "Borderlands" IMO. I really really REALLY hope they don't have version exclusive characters. I hate that.

They said there will be the same number of characters in each version at least, though they could still do one or two exclusives for each and keep the character count equal, but I don't expect them to. They did say the stages will be different depending on the version. The 3DS gets stages from portable games and the Wii U gets more stages from console games.

Hmm, Smash Bros 3DS. Interesting, but this game is basically made for parties tbh, on a handheld i'm not sure i'd get the same enjoyment out of it, godknows. I'll keep on it tho.

Kickback said:
Hmm, Smash Bros 3DS. Interesting, but this game is basically made for parties tbh, on a handheld i'm not sure i'd get the same enjoyment out of it, godknows. I'll keep on it tho.
Internet? Although, I think lag would probably be an issue in a fast paced game like this.

Yeah there is internet, but I want to laugh at the guy sitting next to me when I beat him haha.

Still should be good tho.

Guessing this is the reason Megaman wasn't in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Think I'll be sticking to Playstation Allstars for my Vita though.

What do you guys think of the Wii Fit trainer? I think of all the people they could have chosen to be in this game...they chose that...

Mr.Mike said:
What do you guys think of the Wii Fit trainer? I think of all the people they could have chosen to be in this game...they chose that...

Smash Bros games always have weird character choices, Mr Game and Watch... even Ness in SSB1 was an odd choice considering Earthbound hadn't blown up at all yet.

Still, where the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is Little Mac?

Kickback said:
Mr.Mike said:

Smash Bros games always have weird character choices, Mr Game and Watch... even Ness in SSB1 was an odd choice considering Earthbound hadn't blown up at all yet.

Still, where the *PLAQUE* is Little Mac?
He's trapped in a display case as an assist trophy.

grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
Mr.Mike said:

Actually if you look closely in the trailer, mario and bowser are fighting in an arena kind of boxing type stage which therefore pretty much proves that little mac will be in this super smash bros

Mr.Mike said:
grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
Mr.Mike said:

Actually if you look closely in the trailer, mario and bowser are fighting in an arena kind of boxing type stage which therefore pretty much proves that little mac will be in this super smash bros

Nah that doesn't prove anything, until an announcement is made, nothing is confirmed or proved.

Here are my thoughts on super smash Wii u / 3ds.

Fluxedo said:
I like the graphics style of the 3DS too. Looks very "Borderlands" IMO. I really really REALLY hope they don't have version exclusive characters.
I love the graphics too, especially the way they added a thin outline, but I think it looks more like tf2 with a slight shading edit.
the version exclusive characters, I doubt it, but I've noticed that the 3ds Mario looks like Mario 3d land Mario, while the Wii u Mario looks like your standard overdone super smash bros graphics. same with link, fox, Donkey Kong, etc. so that kind of counts in a way.

Zero said:
They always include a whacky out of nowhere character (ie:Game & Watch, ROB) and Wii Fit Trainer is just the one for this game.
I also wonder why they added out of nowhere characters (Wii fit trainer, animal crossing villager)

Diminuendo said:
!@$& yeah NES Megaman!
not really NES, more like what Megaman would of looked like if they kept updating the graphics instead of sticking to 8 bit graphics.
But I really don't want Megaman added. Smash bros is supposed to be Nintendo (I also hated Sonic because of this and the fact that he's OP)

final thought: If they remove Lucario, Nintendo is dead to me.

Back