Super NES [particularly, SNS-001] Serial Number Guide

MarkNES

Have an authentic Super NES with an intact serial number, the original motherboard revision, and eject button (earlier eject pieces had the "text" printed onto the plastic with some sort of white "paint", while later eject pieces had the "text" molded onto the plastic (possibly for cost-effective reasons)? Well today, I will be discussing the motherboard revisions, their differences, and tips on finding them. The main 3 motherboard revisions for the SNS-001 console are SHVC-CPU-01 [1990], SNS-CPU-RGB-01, and SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01 [1995]. The SHVC revision uses an external module called "SHVC-SOUND" that plugs into a connector soldered onto said revision. To find this revision, you are going to have to look for an SNS-001 with a silver serial # that usually starts with UN1. To find SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01, look for an SNS-001 bar code-style serial number that starts with UN3. There are many more differences, but I can't discuss all of them right now (due to a lack of fully assembled SNS-001s and also since most of the tell-tales aren't guaranteed). However, the SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01 motherboard revision has supposedly the best video output, because the "vertical line(s) issue" is mostly invisible (just to let you know in case you were to use a SNS-001 motherboard to do a portable SNES mod). I hope this helps you out. Credit goes to the RetroRGB website for providing some of the information I used.

Protip- putting SNES threads in the N64 section probably won't generate the results you're looking for. I'm sure some people might find this interesting or useful if it were moved to the NES/ SNES section, however.

Edit- I see there is already a thread in the NES/ SNES section about this. Multiple threads for the same thing is bad. You probably should avoid doing that in the future. </rant>

Edit 2- I am an idiot, that thread is NES specific. Either way, both of them should be in that section. </failure>

Back