Predues new GCp (PreCube Advance?)

I ordered the wiikey fusion yesterday... So I can continue my work soon ;)
Motivated to the fullest: your predue

Make sure it not in NTCS mode. When I had my NTCS board on PAL output using a modchip, I had similar problems. I'm thinking you're from Europe, so make sure it's on PAL mode.

There is no modchip installed atm... The screen should work with both though.
I just wanted to test the system.

It looks like maybe you're pulling your video from one of the RGB lines. Make sure its hooked up to a composite output spot.

Wohoo :) Ashen has finally made it to my thread ;)
I used the composite port you've shown in your mainboard-cutting-thread... Pin 9 from that chip.
I've also tried to put the ground on various places... But nothing changed.

EDIT: Got it working now... Dunno why exactly, but it seems I missunderstood something.
This is where I put the videoline first:
6IFq0.jpg

And I got the crappy video...

But I have looked at the layers of the mainboard and found a solder joint for a PAL mainboard. Here it is:
uWPSK.jpg

Now it's working ;) And I'm happy again.
The modchip arrived, too. But the weekend is full of spezial events ;) So I will likely continue my work next week.

Thanks for the answers and tips :) That's what I like so much about this forum!

So... The case is nearly finished. All that's missing is the hole for the led and the SD-slot.
qDpUI.jpg

9tpzf.jpg

K4Xk9.jpg

2TqvH.jpg

Any suggestions? ;)

EDIT: My first paintjob :)
cJ8uw.jpg

oh yeah I missed that, but on my PAL boards, however I trim, I can always get video without bypassing any composants on that Cap 207 (sometimes it's right under the huge vertical cap though but the trace is reachable).

Excellent work so far by the way !

Wanna have a first look at the painted case? Here it is:
(Just the first layers of paint... not finished yet)

Pk0rM.jpg

Rbp3e.jpg

VroRw.jpg

Greetings

I love it! Now I kinda regret selling my gba carrying case like the one you have!!!

That red looks super sexy!

Holy crap, that is sexy. Red. We need more of it here.
Bonus points if you have black controls.

@ttsgeb/Gamerlolwind: The controlls will be in white (or/and in the original colors)... But I have to see it for myself to make my decision clear.
So I keep ttsgeb's advise in mind ;)

Back