Mooper's GCP

hmm, out of curiosity can you measure the + and - of the 3.3 volt line on your gamecube? I'm getting something like 22.6 ohms on mine and wanted to verify against someone else's

anyways, those caps look awesome, great idea on that :D

From memory it should be between the 500-600 range. I'll check in a bit to make sure.

Edit: measured a few boards ranging from 520 to 815. 520 being the portable all wired up.

Mooper said:
From memory it should be between the 500-600 range. I'll check in a bit to make sure.

Edit: measured a few boards ranging from 520 to 815. 520 being the portable all wired up.

Thanks, looks like something on my board isn't right :(, if I can fix this I may still be able to use this board, it's been sitting here for awhile half cut because I thought it died, I got it back out and I saw that my 3.3v line on the reg wasn't putting anything out and the video chip uses that so I figured I'd check the line and I had 22.6 ohms on it I though that wasn't right but wanted to verify, looks like I was right.

Anyways keep up the good work and thanks a lot

EDIT: actually I wanted the 1.9v rail.... :D heh heh... sorry

Here's the innards.
IKIq1GZh.jpg

spxSas5h.jpg

And here's the completed post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14546

Hey Mooper,
How did you get the BQ24170 evaluation board to push more than 0.25Amps to charge the Lipos? I'm running a 2 cell configuration and was testing out the BQ24170 and couldn't find where they talk about settings. I probably overlooked it but was just wondering if you found it.

The BQ24170 can provide up to 4A. Make sure to set the right values for the resistors of the voltage divider connected to ISET.

Aurelio said:
The BQ24170 can provide up to 4A. Make sure to set the right values for the resistors of the voltage divider connected to ISET.

So R30 (232k) and R32 (32.4k) are the voltage divider resistors. That should already set current to 2Amax. I still see .25amps. I can't really tell but do I need to set jp3 to high to enable the voltage divider? I currently have it open.

I would say it was more than half full (3/5 on the battery meter) judging by the charge voltage and the battery meter. I thought it was thermal related since I'm testing another eval board that has that feature but it remained the same after some fan cooling. I'll try a battery that's drained more to see if that will bring it higher than .25amps.

Vin is 14.75V
Vbat is a standard 3 cell so anywhere from about 10.6 to 12.6v

Is the cell pin floating?

Thanks Mooper. That was exactly what I did. Im using a 2 cell configuration and set the pins to vref/floating. I switched jp5 to open and now I get ~2a.

Thanks for the guidance :)

Back