Predues new GCp (PreCube Advance?)

predue

There we go again. I already mentioned it earlier: I want to make an all new portable Gamecube.
It will look like a GameBoy Advance, only a bit larger.
I started with the inner part of one of those GBA carrying cases:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/glamshop/Shop/Electronics/Games/Nintendo/gbacarrycase.jpg

I will mostly try to go with the design of the GBA (as far as possible ;) ).
What will it (probably) contain?

- frankencased case
- 3,5" screen (ebay)
- 4x exchangeable 2500mAh accu (7,4v 5000mAh total)
- 3DS joysticks, iPhone Speaker and rumble
- custom regulator for longer batterylife (not yet sure if i will go to 1.48/1.69/3.35)
- dual tact-mod for l/r
- original Gamecube buttonlayout and feedback (!)
- low battery indicator
- maybe some other stuff?

It will take a while to finish this project... I'm low on funds atm and my girlfriend moved to another city for her studying. So I have to keep some (more) money to go there and visit her :)
I think everybody can understand that :p

But I have some first pics for you so you can see that I'm not joking ;)
(Not the best quality because it's my iPhone 4)
eaPe0.jpg

R3UZ6.jpg

no3CV.jpg

nr5p1.jpg

UqMeu.jpg

yfn5H.jpg

3tBRj.jpg

Hope you like it so far!

Worklogs with tons of comments and pictures are awesome. I like to read them. Your worklog looks like it will be interesting. Great looking case so far. Keep up the good work :)

As I mentioned in my first post it is the inner part of the GBA carrying case. First of all I wanted to use the whole case... But it is too big for my liking.
So I took the inner part, because it is significantly smaller :)

He's back! I remember a long time ago you almost finished a GCp and then you just left... happy to see you back in the scene!

A little update for you guys, but nothing spectacular. Have to wait for alle the components to arrive here... :rolleyes:
Nevertheless I had the time to polish the case and do some preparations (even if they are not displayed in the following pics ;) )

The case is really smooth now! And yeah... You'll see for yourself
BfiNV.jpg

Some of the preparations: (yes, the c-stick will be smaller!)
OcSNv.jpg

NHonK.jpg

Here with the 18650er I will use:
Lxuf1.jpg

And last but not least the fan I want to use. The left part with the four holes will be cut apart.
9EXey.jpg

Any questions? Hints? Then there you go:

This'll be awesome, I can't wait. Are those holes for the sliders rounded or did the picture just make it look that way?

Very nice so far! This inner part of the gba case is only 1 inch thick. Are you going to be making it thicker or keeping it that thin? If you are keeping it 1 inch thick, I'll be on the look out to see how you do that successfully.

I will try my best to put all the necessary things inside the case without making it thicker... But I have my doubts if this will work. So I have in mind to make a bulge (?) for the batteries.

The fan is from ebay. Dunno how much it was because its far too long ago ;)

Yeh, my GameCube Portable (The Pr0Cube) that I am working so far is super fun, but sometimes it's just a headache lol. It's going super smooth so far and I plan on finishing it sometime in April.

Small update:
Got my custom regs finished and working at 1,48v/1,74v/3,32v.

o1ltk.jpg

It was tricky to get these voltages because the resistors 'shrank' when I put the batteries on...
Didn't know this. Thats why the voltages aren't as perfect as they could be ;) probably...

Also the audio amp arrived today... But I don't know if I should use it cause its rather big o.O

MJbi7.jpg

Hopefully I can get some other work done today ;)

Today I made my low battery indicator following the example set by daftmike. It may look crappy but is way smaller that the one on the stripboard I made earlier.

8yzAA.jpg

Hope you don't hate it ;)

Back