Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sales

Re: Great bargains from E-bay / Garage / Yard / Car boot sal

Canada (and California) can be summed up like this:

Everything is illegal. Nothing is permitted.

In Canada, balisongs are one of those knife breeds that are illegal because they're scary. ._.

Looks like its legal in Cali to carry around with you as long as the blade is 2 inches or under, and its allowed to be of any size if its kept at your house. Doesn't seem that bad really.

ttsgeb said:
...as I cut towards myself.....

images

Twilight Wolf said:

In Canada, balisongs are one of those knife breeds that are illegal because they're scary. ._.

True dat. In the case of zombie apocalypse, we are so screwed.

XCVG said:
Twilight Wolf said:

True dat. In the case of zombie apocalypse, we are so screwed.
Nah, we've still got frying pans, expensive gasoline and some guns. (If you loot a gun store for police officers, at least)

Hey, if zombies are running around freely, I'd assume a Canadian gun store owner would be happy enough to help out a living person. :stare:

You might want to think again, Mako. People aren't exactly friendly in a normal situation, and in a post apocalyptic world, I would imagine that he'd only let you in if he was dead.

Thursty said:
You might want to think again, Mako. CANADIANS aren't exactly friendly in a normal situation, and in a post apocalyptic world, I would imagine that he'd only let you in if he was dead.
I would certainly expect some people to try and *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you, but I know several of the gun shop owners around here, and I expect most of em would do everything they could to help. Its just the kind of people they are.

Got 2 original PS1 controllers, and dual-shock, and a dual-analog for $18 on e-bay.

25 cents for a gamecube at garage sale. its silver and works perfectly

bought 87 8 track tapes for $35. a lot of good bands in the lot.

Have fun with your pile of of metallic fettuccine!
emot-v.gif

Yesterday, I went shopping a bit.

From the thrift store:
-Wii classic controller pro (black): $3.99
-7 volt power supply, Core 2 heatsink w/o fan, and random phone cable: $1.50

From The Source:
-HMDX MP3 speaker case: $14.99
-IEEE 1284 parallel cable: $0.49
-MP3 Doctor screen scratch repair kit: $0.95
-Random cable adaptor thingy: a dollar IIRC

Got a platinum GC controller for $6. Same place sells a whole gamecube bundle for $18. :U

SS

Freebies:
ps2 wireless wheel
sega saturn 5 games with 1 reg and 1 3d controller
2 ps1s with hook-ups but no controllers

Car boots
gamecube 8 quid with games that sell for 10 quid each :D (sold the cube for 20 :D)
Gba sp 4 quid
gbp 2 quid
gbo 6 with printer
2 gbc's with 60 games (including pokemon gold and silver and Loz oracle of ages) 20
8 gamecube games including imports one crisp fiver :D
mint gbo games 2 quid each
gc action replay 2 quid

FIND OF THE YEAR!
n64 with ram pack 1 memory card 2 controllers and golden eye
1 pound

Bumping this.

-Today I went to a shady little antique store and got a green Play It Loud Gameboy in beautiful condition for $10. I was super stoked. This place also has a black one for $19, and I haven't seen one online for less than like $60 or something.
-I found a silver Gameboy Pocket at Savers in a bin of cameras and cd players and flax. It was $3. It works perfectly.
-My mom bought me a red Gameboy SP for $5 from one of her co-workers. It's in great shape for being owned by an eight-year-old.
-I score rad shoes at Savers ALL THE TIME. I got a pair of classy Puma First Round hi-tops for $10 last week.

I swear to god I will be a hoarder. fml fml fml.

Poseidon said:
-Today I went to a shady little antique store and got a green Play It Loud Gameboy in beautiful condition for $10. I was super stoked. This place also has a black one for $19, and I haven't seen one online for less than like $60 or something.
The exact same thing happened to me last year (at an antiques place, too). Mine came with the clear plastic case and games for something like $15. I didn't even realize what it was until I started searching online for yellow gameboys.

Back