E3 2012

Stanger's Wrath is being ported to the Vita :D I use to be so obsessed with this game, still am to the point where I'm creating a D&D class based on him for an upcoming campaign.

E3 2012 sucked monkey balls.

Ubisoft won for sure.

Its probably a timing thing, but Nintendo needs WAY better 1st party support for the WiiU.

New Super Mario Bros. U??? Give me a break. That cash grab game is not even close to wowing me with the WiiU.

Mario 64 on the N64 wow'd EVERYONE. A groundbreaking Mario game for the WiiU would justify the system easily. But like I said, its probably a timing thing, and Nintendo knew they had to have some sort of Mario game for this E3. If you look at how upset fans are about the lack of Zelda and Metroid content, it makes sense that Nintendo threw in a Mario game of lesser scale in comparison to a full 3D adventure.

BUT, in the same way a Metroid pinball game would outrage fans, I'd almost prefer no news, or "we are working on something big" as appose to a quick fix mario bros game for the WiiU. At least with Metroid and Zelda, we know something is in the works and it will probably be epic. (for Metroid, its a safe assumption even though Retro has not mentioned anything about the franchise recently).

I really hope they're saving the best for last in this marathon thing. No metroid, no animal crossing, no zelda and no ssb so far. There are still 6 miles left. Time to either dissapoint fans or wow them.

Their conference wasn't as good as expected, but tbh that's because they only wanted to showcase launch window games. The games already announced will make for a fine launch. Of course, they are working on other big IPs for Wii U, but decided not to hype people up for games that won't be coming out this year. Personally, I would have just taken the time to make a couple trailers to satisfy the fans, even if they aren't going to be launch games.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the Tomb Raider reboot, The Last Of Us, WATCH_DOGS, MGR, and a few others.

The coolest thing about that zombiU game I think is that while it has RPG aspects to it, it maintains pace. You have to access your inventory, pick locks etc in real time.

Hope there aren't too many scripted sequences though.

Antome said:
The coolest thing about that zombiU game I think is that while it has RPG aspects to it, it maintains pace. You have to access your inventory, pick locks etc in real time.
Yeah, I'm hoping that it can have a true survival-horror feel to it. It's a genre that you just don't see implemented very well very often.

grossaffe said:
Antome said:
Yeah, I'm hoping that it can have a true survival-horror feel to it. It's a genre that you just don't see implemented very well very often.
Really, Day-Z is only game that I feel actually did well in that aspect.

Back