E3 2012

Tchay

Frequent Poster
E3 is coming up. Are you excited? I sure freaking am. (inb4 Palmer: IM GOING NONE OF YOU CAN COME LOLOLOL)

Lets discuss the awesomeness that will hopefully ensue in June.

Oh and we should totally get a podcast going. Some lead up discussion would be good. Then some discussion during that first week in the evenings. And then definitely some podcast discussion for the aftermath.

go

The one and only game I will hope for, for the rest of my life - Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance 3. It's a shame it will never happen.

Also, not that I'm completely for the concept, but I reckon a 3DS LITE might be announced.

mostly hoping for more US Kingdom Hearts 3D coverage, and maybe the announcement of this unannounced Kingdom Hearts game that Nomura has been teasing us about in interviews.

If we do a podcast, we really need an outline of topics to discuss. we tried the E3 podcast last year and it was awful because nobody knew what to talk about.

J.D said:
Also, not that I'm completely for the concept, but I reckon a 3DS LITE might be announced.
Nintendo may want to hold off on something like that to not take any steam away from the Wii U.

Crossing my fingers for the next installment in the saga of everyone's favorite crowbar-wielding, emotionally oblivious mute. :awesome:

I think this is relevant:

wfLQN.png

While there will be plenty of awesome game announcements, and updates on the new hardware from nintendo, I have a feeling this one wont be as much a spectacle as it has in the past.

I predict a Wii U name change to make itself stand out more as it's own product, since your average person will think it's just a Wii accessory. I'm also predicting the unveiling of some launch window games for it, hopefully one of them being a big first party release. Retro studios has been working on a secret Wii U game they said "everyone wants us to do", so it'd be cool if it was another Metroid.

I want to be excited but, knowing nothing will happen, E3 this year will be another dog & pony show with each company getting spoilt kids to wave their arms in front of a magical controller, or will announce something without actually talking about it.

I'm hoping for some really impressive Wii U stuff, launch titles, etc.

MS will probably be pushing Kinect, esp. on PC. I don't see a 720 announcement.

Sony's already released the Vita and they're not ready for a PS4 announcement, so they're going to take a back seat I think.

Unless Ninty has some really impressive Wii U stuff (which I hope), I expect this E3 is going to be a parade of tired sequel announcements. COD BLOPS 7 SUPER ZOMBIE EDITION YOU KIDS STILL LIKE SHOOTING EACH OTHER RIGHT AND MADDEN 2013 FOOTBALL FOOTBALL JOHN MADDEN AEIOU

If I get a metroid announcement, I will be content for this E3. I'm really hoping for the new Zelda 3DS game to be unveiled as well, which Nintendo would be wise to use this E3 for. Maybe a teaser for the new smash bros? Probably too soon.

I'd love a mention of The Last Guardian or Beyond Good And Evil 2, but the latter is probably not ganna happen since its being developed for the next gen consoles.

I'm not too excited about the WiiU. I just hate everything about it to be perfectly honest. And they CLEARLY copied off The Envision for the controller design. But I hated the Wii when it was first unveiled, so my attitude may change over time.

Nintendo would be wise to announce anything to be fair. Last year consisted of showing us a prototype controller, an inaccurate tech demo, announcing games that are about 3-4 years away and then nothing for 3DS despite only just launching.

Last year for them was kind of a total shambles so i'm expecting a big showing this year, i'm also expecting Sony to be late and THQ to not even bother being there.

What I want: Solid word on a Mirror's Edge sequel. The game is nearly four years old, for *Can'tSayThisOnTV*'s sake.

What DICE will probably give us: Battlefield 4: Future with Horses.

Twilight Wolf said:
What I want: Solid word on a Mirror's Edge sequel. The game is nearly four years old, for *Can'tSayThisOnTV*'s sake.

Why would EA do a sequel to a game that sold about 35000 copies worldwide?

said:
THEY LEFT THE STORY HANGING Dangit :C
But the story was the worst part of the game. I want more so I can have more robust gameplay and sexy cityscapes.

Also want news on the Last Guardian.

Back