blue_stalfos's GCP worklog

Not used to that happening. Most users are a lot older than me here. My bad. :oops: Carry on.

I rewired it today. Here is what happens:

1st Try
1. Turn on the cube without an SD card
2. Error messages flash like they should
3. I have tried two things from this point. If i hit the switch, it freezes. If I put in an SD card, The messages stop flashing.

2nd Try
1. boot up with an SD card inserted
2. cube freezes instantly, or the error messages don't flash.

I've checked all my wiring.
The Wiikey works on my Wii
I have the switch connected to 1.9v.

At this point I'm about ready to have someone do this for me.

Im pretty dang sure that means you have a IPL 1.0 mobo which means your board is incompatible. Recheck all connections, and if you cant find anything wrong, probably time to get a new board.

Just noticed one of the traces on my FFC broke :evil2: ... could have happened at any time. too bad I noticed as soon as I finished wiring it to my C board. (which was unsuccessful)
Ill have to order a new one. Until then, Ill be working on mounting the controls on the case.

I redid everything today on a new REV C board. Whenever I hit the switch, The "Please turn off your Gamecube" message appears. When I go into the disk channel, the error messages are not flashing like they should be. If you have any troubleshooting tips they would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get it to work I'll most likely commission someone.

SUCCESS
Forgot to ground external 3.3v supply :dahroll: :oops:

When I finally got to the WiiKey menu, It says the following:

1. error WBFS

2. WBFS: Get header error

3. Mounting...
>>>FUSION CONFIGURATOR>>>

It also sometimes says the card is not in WBFS format. I've tried this about 10 times with different SD cards and end up geting the same result.

You need to update to v1.5 menu. You cant have any GC iso images on the card when you do this.

I already updated to 1.5 via my Wii.
I get the same error every time no matter what the SD card has in it.
I got it to work a couple of times (by taking the SD card in and out) , but once the gc restarted after I chose a game, it shortly froze.

Other info:
1. SW Version 1.5
2. FPGA Version 1.0
3. 1.9v is going to the switch

EDIT: I can make a video if you'd like

Check the ffc going to the cardreader. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

After much troubleshooting with Ashen I still couldn't get it to work, so He offered to do it for me :D

Until I get it back (sometime by the beginning of next week) i'm going to try and finish everything else up. All I have left to do is drill fan holes, hook up the regulators, trim a heat-sink and wire up video/audio ect.

I wired up the controls today.
PICS:
P1010102.jpg

P1010103.jpg

I got my board from Ashen today :awesome: and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He did an amazing job on it. (I'll take pics later)
P1010107.jpg

My PTR08060 (1.9v) is outputting 0.58v no mater what resistance I hook up to it and even if there is no resistance.
P1010112.jpg

Back