blue_stalfos's GCP worklog

I got the first coat of paint on today. It doesn't look good or bad, but I don't mind to much. (wish I would've spent more time sanding)

Front: looks ok
P1000604.jpg

Back: looks awful
P1000606.jpg

This is how my trigger set up looks. All I did was cut out the section I needed from the controller.
P1000609.jpg

There are 5 connections total on the analog and I have no idea how to wire them to my trimmed controller board. I know the the blue connections are L "click" and ground (not sure if in that order). I'm assuming you would bridge the top three pins and connect them to the L triggers data line. Can someone help me out on this?

That looks so much like shockslayer's second gcp it isn't even funny :lol:

If you like it I like it :D

That case is a good start, but a bit more sanding, and filling in the speaker holes and having another go and paying attention to get them all level wouldn't go a miss.

But hey, still a good start.

blue_stalfos said:
This is how my trigger set up looks. All I did was cut out the section I needed from the controller.

There are 5 connections total on the analog and I have no idea how to wire them to my trimmed controller board. I know the the blue connections are L "click" and ground (not sure if in that order). I'm assuming you would bridge the top three pins and connect them to the L triggers data line. Can someone help me out on this?

the top 3 pin's on the slider wire separately to the controller's pcb (you'll need to find where they go still), the bottom 2 just hold the slider in place, no need to wire to them at all. and the order dont matter on the small clicker pad, as long as 1 side go's to ground, and the other to the right spot on controller's pcb (again, you'll need to find where they go).
to find where to wire them you can use a multimeter on a un-cut controller or find a controller scan and more info from the Gamecube Mega-Sticky viewtopic.php?f=36&t=793

Did a lot of sanding along with 3 coats of paint. Here's the result

Front: New speaker holes!
(
P1010003.jpg

Back: So smooth, Kieth Stone smooth
P1010002.jpg

I also made an expansion pack out of an old RF adapter box for the controller ports

Front:
P1010004.jpg

Back:
P1010005.jpg

After another coat of paint and a few coats of Lacquer I should be able to start mounting things on the case.

I'm having problems with my wiikey.
I wired everything up, powered on the cube and everything was working fine.
I didn't have anything in the sd card at the time and assumed I needed GC linux so I put that on the sd card and started up the cube again. It still didn't work so I reconnected the ribbon cable and booted it up. Now the blue light is not flashing.

I put this on it http://nold.freeunix.net/devnull/Downlo ... pha.tar.gz
I used a lid switch.

I cleaned up my soldering job a little and now its working again.

I'm still really unsure what to put on my sd card. I have 1.5 in my SD card now and am about to put in in the slot. Is this correct?

EDIT: I still haven't put the SD card in but when I hit the lid switch, a red light flashes. (I think because nothing is is the SD slot)

If you have not flashed to menu v1.5 yet you NEED to have an SD card inserted for the wiikey to boot properly to update. Put only the 1.5 update on the card the first time.

I placed update 1.5 on two SD cards after formating them with WBFS manager. I booted up the gamecube, went to gameplay and clicked the lid switch. The blue light flashes and the "please insert nintendo gamecube disk" message fades away for a split second and then goes back to normal.

If its not updated to 1.5 you dont need to press the eject switch. It will load automatically.

It may have already been updated before I got it then. So if it is updated, what is the next step to get this thing working?

I followed the guide on the official wiikey website and repeated it multiple times and am getting the same result.

EDIT: I decided to undo all the wiring and retry it this weekend.

My case is finally done :awesome:
Here are some pics: (on hold, having troubles with photbucket)

P1010012.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010013.jpg

The ports from left to right are-
1. unused
2. controller expansion
3. headphone jack
4. Screen on/off
5. Audio expansion
6. Main power switch
7. Original power adapter port
8. Charge Port

I hooked up the Wiikey to my Wii today. I was able to update it and play a few games.
It still is not working on the cube. Do I need to download Something like GC linux in order for it to work? If so, how would I put it on the SD card?

Sorry for all the questions

blue_stalfos said:
It still is not working on the cube. Do I need to download Something like GC linux in order for it to work? If so, how would I put it on the SD card?
No, you don't need to put GC Linux on the SD Card. Check your wiring/connections.

Back