The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *01/01/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *12/06/10

Yes, I sanded it a little bit, that should help it stay in, it also helps if you stir on the abs on the styrene, which makes different layers and not just one the can be peeled off.

I also found out that abs sheets are actually much cheaper than styrene.

So any plans for my cases and or screw posts in the future are to make the case out of an abs sheet, make a large pile of liquid abs in the corner, and a couple days after it starts to cure but is still maluable, put a screw through it to taper it.

Tadaa, screw post!

Got another update today, so what's a guy to do at 2 in the morning, is tired, but doesn't want to go to bed. Do his favorite hobby that's what. I got the corners smoothed down nice and flush, I also cut up a wave bird controller and got it attached to both sides, I was going to abs it but I took a look in my abs container and it's been getting a little dry without the absolutely air tight lid. So I'll just wait till I wake up at like 12 today and abs it then. For now it has glue in some spots to hold it there until the abs is on so the abs won't be done all at once.

1219100236.jpg

1219100236a.jpg

1219100330.jpg

More updates to come, probably very soon right after I abs it.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

G'night

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The one thing I hated when I did my first GCp(the one with flanks) is the sad fact that you had to sacrifice a wonderful wavebird.

Looks good, keep it up! :awesomemrL:

I know, :cry4: the poor thing, at least it was an old one with a worn down joystick.

I just couldn't find anyone with a wave bird shell

PART 2 of this update day. Got it all abs'ed up and now it's drying, I'll start sanding in a couple days.

1219101125.jpg

NICE!!!1 this is gonna be one epic portable

I hope the portable isn't too heavy, or using the flanks is gonna be a Sega.

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *12/19/10

If anyone can make it work, that would be bentomo.

It looks really great so far. :awesomemrL:

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *12/19/10

Merry christmas modretro. I've got an update for you guys, a bell has rung because the wingman has it's wings. They're very tough and will have no problem holding up the portable. They do need some more layers of jb weld and sanding to make them look nice though.

1224101514d.jpg

1224101514b.jpg

1224101514a.jpg

1224101514.jpg

More to come, and happy holidays modretro!

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *12/24/10

Aww double post, oh well, sanding is not too exciting.

It's slowly getting smoother, bit by bit, here's after second jb weld layer.

1226101629a.jpg

1226101629b.jpg

1226101630.jpg

1226101630a.jpg

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *12/26/10

Happy new year modretro, time for some resolutions. I hope to finish this portable before mgc this year. (even if none of modretro attends MGC :cry4: )

Anyway the flanks are looking a lot better after 2 more coats of jb weld, they're not perfect yet though. I decided to do a little work on the dvd drive mounting system. I've now got the dvd drive and dvd mobo in with the mounting system, and they're completely removable, so the hotglueless system is already way better than using hotglue.

DVD drive mounted:
0101111210.jpg

I've got enough washers here to kill a bull elephant space the drive far away from the case for the laser carriage to move.
0101111210a.jpg

The mobo is mounted using two screws and bolts held down the jb weld to act as the threaded hole. Work really well.
0101111210b.jpg

Here are the holes, it shows the dvd drive holes, the mobo screw posts, motor power cable hole (that little 1/16 hole up top), the data ribon cable hole, and the spindle ribbon cable hole.
0101111215.jpg

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *01/01/11

looking sweet! I cant wait to see it completed

Hey give me those washer's there's a bull elephant comin straight for me!!!!
Great btw cant wait to see it done and finished and everything

WOLF OUT

I feel like I'm betraying SS for not using hotglue.

I don't even think you belong here if you don't ^^ it's gonna look all proffessional and flux ^^
Serioulsy, very nice job, can't wait

I got some work done today, the back half is almost done, the controller flanks need more sanding however, so far it's looking pretty good.

0117111240a.jpg

The hole on the left was an accident involving a dremel and a very thin peice of plastic.

Oh and apparently I made a ghast. Now I have to keep it in a cobblestone case.

0117111235.jpg

y dont u use the macro function?

by the way is looking great so far :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back