The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *01/01/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *08/04/10*

I probably could take the power board off of the the other gamecube and attach it to this one, easier that hacking up a new board all together.

bentomo said:
I probably could take the power board off of the the other gamecube and attach it to this one, easier that hacking up a new board all together.

Yes that is correct. I do it all the time.

The disc also doesn't spin at all and I get no laser. So it's probably the power converter

bentomo said:
The disc also doesn't spin at all and I get no laser. So it's probably the power converter

If the DD isnt working then you need to manually give it 5v. Use a multimeter to check your powerboard to make sure its giving off the right voltages. If the powerboard works, then find a spot on the board with 5v and attach a wire from that spot to the 5v pins of the DD. You can check out Techknotts diagram on Benheck to get those specific pinouts.

If the power board still works, I'll just test it with a meter later.

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *08/04/10

So Bentomo, how's progress? I think you mentioned you'd be starting on this again.

I did some work last week, and the results weren't too good. I couldn't get the last half of my case to form right and I lost 2 pieces of plastic, I'm down to my last piece and hope to get it right this time. I'm going to be working on that soon.

Yeaaaaaaah, I should figure out what I did wrong. >_>

1118102143.jpg

Well what do you do on a lazy sunday afternoon, reading modretro, sittin' in your mario pajamas?

You build a gamecube portable, that's what.
1121101611.jpg

The project is back underway, I found one more piece of plastic laying around and I figured out why the last 2 pieces failed. I decided to use a broken hard drive I had laying around instead of my usual wood blocks, which was a big mistake, it cover 2 of the main suction holes, not a smart move on my part.

I also got a new revision C gamecube from a friend, that also came with mp 7 and twilight princess.

I do have to get some stuff still though.

I need the batteries of course, and some abs cement. And I'm going to try to use no hotglue in this case at all, I don't want this to meet the same fate as the 64 boy. I'm going with the mario method, although tedious it's long lasting. (making a screw post and screw for everyting. I've got some plastic plugs the taper themselves when you put a screw in, going to use abs on them to fuse them to the plastic.

So the second half of the case is done, the last major part of the case is getting the flanks properly attached.

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *11/21/10

What happened to the 64 Boy???????

And I too am starting to think hot glue isn't such a great thing. Its partially responsible for delaying the Ccube.

Tchay said:
What happened to the 64 Boy???????
I'm pretty sure he finished and sold it.
Tchay said:
And I too am starting to think hot glue isn't such a great thing. Its partially responsible for delaying the Ccube.
Well use tape, not the kind that doesn't conduct anything because that's no fun.
Why would you think I'm a pyro?

You guys must have not seen that bad news thread.

It got mailed to SC on the hottest week of the year and all the glue melted in the truck, SS said he has problems with shipping often. It can get above 130 in a shipping truck it SC. So I lost all that work and the guy that bought it lost out.

bentomo said:
You guys must have not seen that bad news thread.

It got mailed to SC on the hottest week of the year and all the glue melted in the truck, SS said he has problems with shipping often. It can get above 130 in a shipping truck it SC. So I lost all that work and the guy that bought it lost out.

wow....sorry dude that really sucks.

Hot glue is like ice, it's really cool, but bring the heat and it melts.

Melted ice hurts less when it gets in your eyes though.

SS

Would high temp glue not do this? Wikipedia says low temp glue is set to melt at 250 F

But that is how hot the glue gets, not necessarily the melting point, which I guess Bentomo found out was pretty low.

High temp glue guns melt the glue at 380 F so many they won't be as likely to melt in a truck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot-melt_adhesive

It doesn't melt so much as it softens, enough to be loosened by a bump in the road, also the actual adhesive in the glue is weakened or something maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back