The site was down

J.D said:
*Can'tSayThisOnTV* HostGator, this site has been up and down for like the past 3 days.
But is the problem Hostgator, or is something else a factor?

Individual things are going down, not the entire site...

bic said:
is something else a factor?

Bic is right, the pattern is kind of odd. I have pinned down (I think) the cause of the chat problem, but the rest? Could be one of several things.

But for now, just chalk it up to bad luck, not much we can do either way. :dah:

WEXmC.png

Here's a new error I got just a few seconds ago, right after an Internal 500 Error.

Yeah, looks like HG 403'd the chat again.

EDIT:
Yup they did. Palmer told me to pass this on.

This appears to have flared up again and so I was forced to disable the script "/home/palmer/public_html/phpBB3/chat/index.php".

Unfortunately I do not have any specific recommendations for this script, however, in general, adding some sort of caching mechanism, where the script does not need to generate a new page with every request, helps to lower the over load that a script will cause. Likely the original author or support group of the software that you are using will be able to help you to understand how to add something of this nature.

I saw a billboard for host gator yesterday when I was out and, no joke, flipped it off and screamed "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU, HOST GATOR!"

Other drivers were like WTF.

Basement_Modder said:
I saw a billboard for host gator yesterday when I was out and, no joke, flipped it off and screamed "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* YOU, HOST GATOR!"

Huh, I saw one Saturday when I was coming home from vacation. Then I thought of how much Host Gator *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing sucks.

Noah7 said:
Basement_Modder said:

Huh, I saw one Saturday when I was coming home from vacation. Then I thought of how much Host Gator *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing sucks.

Remindes me of this time in a crowded shopping centre some guy I was with screamed "*Can'tSayThisOnTV* APPLE"

Back