Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server

ttsgeb said:
I like how everyone hated the idea of starting a new map when I was hosting the server, and now that Thursty just did it, everyone loves it...
I wasn't keen until it actually happened and it all worked out fine.

So... Jlee, any updates? Thursty, any old map files for me? Zero, I felt like saying your name? ttsgeb, why did you put a question mark there?

HAHA, they added regenerating snow to the game :p.

Which means that all that work to get rid of all the snow is pretty much going to be completely worthless.

whenever this gets back up... if it gets back up...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 2&t=203394

Keep from raping the computer, generate the map up front. I would recommend setting it to be 15000*15000 or so.

Just spent an hour looking for this flax. Glad I found it. Easier than walking.

I am only opposed to that idea for one reason: When a new block/ore/biome appears in Minecraft, it'll take a long ass time to get it because it'll have to be in a new chunk.

That's the same issue I have... also, a 15k*15k area will take a computer like thursty's about 3 hours to render, and would be around 4 gb.

This is a jump at a possibly horrid idea... but does the idea of putting the chucks of the survival server... and the chunks of the old create server together sound any good? I mean it would suck because it would be less to adventure and everybody would just loot the create server, but it might be cool just to go back and grief it and stuff, or just keep it around as some old city, yet still do most of the playing on the city we started on the survival server. The create server wouldn't have to be in the middle of the server or anything, but it could just be tucked away in a corner somewhere in the deep wilderness.

Or we could separate them like continents of a world and separate them by ocean (But thats a pretty flawed idea)

Just something I always thought would be a cool idea, since everybody put a lot of work into the create, and its not getting a bit of use.

Not even sure if its possible.

Not even sure if its a good idea to be honest.

J.D said:
I am only opposed to that idea for one reason: When a new block/ore/biome appears in Minecraft, it'll take a long ass time to get it because it'll have to be in a new chunk.

I totally agree.

Nope, we already had a plan for that actually. The idea was, after a month or two, once the new map was developed enough, we were going to introduce a portal to an "alternate dimension" which takes you to the old map. However, items would have to be non-transferable between the two and we'd have to make sure there were no side-affects that can give someone an unfair advantage.

We'd also might want to have a time limit, because it would be pretty gay if people spent their entire time on the other map.

Zero said:
Nope, we already had a plan for that actually. The idea was, after a month or two, once the new map was developed enough, we were going to introduce a portal to an "alternate dimension" which takes you to the old map. However, items would have to be non-transferable between the two and we'd have to make sure there were no side-affects that can give someone an unfair advantage.
J.D said:
We'd also might want to have a time limit, because it would be pretty gay if people spent their entire time on the other map.

Oh, well, thats actually a really good plan! Just thought I'd mention it since it didn't really come up at all.

So... any updates, Jlee?
any map files, Thursty?
I really want to work on Mother *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Camelot.

Yeah, even though I hate survival with a passion I haven't been able to play Minecraft for well over a month and a half now, but of course once I broke down and decided I was desperate enough to play I'd deal with survival anyways, it got taken down...

Yeah, I was so into my underground lava battle arena...

And I've gotten so bored I bought TF2.

Honestly T_W, with all due respect, I just don't see how you dislike Survival. It's the Core of minecraft. If you don't want to survive while building, just play single player on peaceful, or play classic multiplayer.

Survival, in my experience, is nothing but getting raped repeatedly by monsters. It's not fun to me. And since the most traumatic experience yet, which was having about ten creepers spawn inside/around my house within the span of ten minutes or so (and before we go over this yet again, no, there is no way whatsoever for the monsters that spawned in my house to spawn there), I swore I'd never build on a Survival server again since my stuff inevitably gets destroyed and I don't want to waste the time and effort. And if I'm not gonna build, what's the point? Maybe I don't "get" the "fun" of Survival, but since there is the option of playing the game without having to deal with the bullflax Survival entails, I choose not to deal with it.

Having discovered just how much pure fun Creative is with a group of friends, which is why I developed a love for Minecraft I never had before, I could never go back to single-player because there's not only nobody to show my work off to, there's nobody there to share in the pain-in-the-assery it is to have to mine for all the materials. Playing on your own is just... no fun. I hate most public servers, though -- I've fallen prey to griefers before. And since everyone but me adores Survival for whatever reason, I'm hard-pressed to find Creative servers anywhere. Until now, anyways, so I'm happy to say I'll be playing Minecraft regularly again. :D

Back