The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server

I think just turning off creepers would be a good idea here. The boots were for fall damage, which we can completely turn off in some of the settings... if you need to know how, Thursty, just ask.

If there was an option to turn off creepers I would, but so far I haven't found anything that will.

Also, yes there are monsters. This is Survival multiplayer. You are supposed to survive, and play with friends. No offense at all but if you just want to build then play creative mode. ;)

look in the worldguard preferences.. there's also something you can toss into the properties files that will have bukkit keep it from spawning creepers..

/warp tierrahydra

Build there. Surprise me when I come back on Friday.

... why are my chess pieces and parts of my road missing?...

Me, Thursty and Zero have made the executive decision to start over. The map will be available for download soon. The new server will be strictly survival, and will only have 3 admins/mods (me, Thursty and Zero.)

One of us will post when the new server is up.

Did you ever get a PC that can run MC?

Start... Over?

I suppose it's time to execute Plan: Water Temple IV :evil2:

Also, as much as I admire the desire to start from a clean slate... We've been building on this server for a long time. I've spent some crazy amounts of time setting up tunnel infrastructure, building doomtastic structures, and working out Redstone circuits complex enough to fly the space shuttle. I know I can do it all again... but why should I have to when I have already done it?

Either way, being demoted from my lofty God-status is going to put a noticeable dent in my self esteem. Brb, slitting wrists. :cry4:

Creepers will stay nerfed I believe.

Also Off, don't worry. I know I already talked to you in game, but no one (even moderators) will be able to spawn stuff in game(instead everyone may buy stuff with their earned money). Besides banning/kicking people, you aren't missing much. Plus, if we need someone when we attract more people onto the server, you know you're at the top of the list. <3

Zero said:
Did you ever get a PC that can run MC?
Yeah, my netbook can. I just haven't been playing because the server was down and I got bored with everything else.

Zero said:
Also Off, don't worry. I know I already talked to you in game, but no one (even moderators) will be able to spawn stuff in game(instead everyone may buy stuff with their earned money). Besides banning/kicking people, you aren't missing much. Plus, if we need someone when we attract more people onto the server, you know you're at the top of the list. <3

Yeah, either way, building Project Jiggly Monkey will be taking up a good chunk of my time at first.

Twilight Wolf said:
My entire house was made of stone.
i'm thinking tts means cause they are manmade blocks... around which monsters can't spawn... regular building materials don't deter proximity spawning whereas things like stairs and slabs do.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
Server is meh. For some reason i built my house is flipoville or something, away from everyone else.
Invisible mobs are a joy. Suddenly being assaulted by things i cant see in not fun.
:D flippoville was my place... sorry it was new and i kind of wanted to give just a few ppl a chance to have a community but still tons of room for expansion... failtastic?

so... about those map files?

Will there be any major server mods? I think that Humans+ and Mo Creatures are near (if not already) SMP compatible.

Hermaphroditus said:
Will there be any major server mods? I think that Humans+ and Mo Creatures are near (if not already) SMP compatible.

There will be mods to help make it be more survival and rpg-ish, but I wasn't aware that they were making Humans+ and Mo Creatures work with SMP, which actually sounds awesome. Everything is up to Thursty though.

Everything's going pretty well so far. I'm wiring up the central minecart station's coder for the demuxer... it is a royal pain. I wish Notch would get around to implementing more Rstone goodies for us to work with, but well...

f-Minecraft-Progress-75284.gif

Minecart station destination selection wiring is DONE. :awesome:
Binary destination display is DONE. :awesome:

Next sub-projects are:
  • Adding signs for destinations with binary # ID info, locales on route, and track direction.
  • Onlining the main accelerator, and connecting it to the platform switch.
  • Tracking and accelerator for the cart magazine (to and from, including moving the fresh cart output to the inbound line), plus wiring from the running reset to said accelerator.
  • Adding AND cart inhibitor for the above, with memory on the platform switch, so multiple carts don't end up at the loading/unloading platform simultaneously.
  • Adding a memory inverter + more memory for the platform switch for incoming travellers, so the main accel will only take the cart when they have safely disembarked.
  • Adding loops on unfinished tracking to return people to the station until said track/tunnel is completed.

Down the road:

• [*]Adding incoming cart queuing, so multiple passengers can disembark without bumping others down into the nether.
    [*]Adding a delay and/or switch set after the router, so your destination holds until you pass the router, even if someone else is pressing buttons w/ trollface active.
    [*]Adding an indicator light for above.
    [*]Adding a second set of tracks for heavily-used lines to avoid mid-tunnel crashes, and updating incoming/outgoing sorting to match.
    [*]Adding general fail-safes for unforseen accidents and mishaps. We'll have to see who gets stuck in the cart magazine, and how, before I can fix these ::3:

If anyone would like to assist me with this project, I can compensate you w/ tools and materials. I mainly need help digging tunnels, placing track in said tunnels, and troubleshooting (doing silly things one should not do with the station to see how much dumbassery it can tolerate before giving up).

On an unrelated note, I am offering security system installations along with my many physical goods, inquire within. :dahroll:

Back